Bowl projections

You guys aren’t thinking big enough. Vegas is still offering odds that UH makes the playoffs. They’re 1,000 to 1, but you can still make the bet. Vegas says it’s more likely UH makes the playoffs than Auburn or Iowa State.

1 Like

Lol I would bet the dollar as a joke.

I know you guys are excited about bowls but have ya’ll checked-in on the other thread on whether you’re “ridin” or “dyin” with the Coogs?

It seems like that would be a prerequisite.

Yahoo - Boston College in Fenway
SI - Air Force in Military
CBS Sports - Northern Illinois in Dallas
USA Today - Air Force in Hawaii
247Sports - Boston College in Military
ESPN + - Air Force in Ft Worth, or Louisville in Military
Athlon - South Carolina in Birmingham
Sporting News - Mississippi State in Birmingham

1 Like

None of them think we can upset Cincinnati…not even one?

1 Like

Don’t think it’s that so much as they’re just playing percentages. I would guess we’d be about a 7 point underdog at Cincinnati.

I don’t see us going to the Military or Fenway. I’m thinking the Birmingham would be most likely if we don’t beat Cincinnati. After that we’re probably looking at the Armed Forces or possibly ESPN getting us in somewhere else.

Yahoo - Boston College in Fenway :+1:
SI - Air Force in Military :-1:
CBS Sports - Northern Illinois in Dallas :-1: :-1:
USA Today - Air Force in Hawaii :-1:
247Sports - Boston College in Military :+1:
ESPN + - Air Force in Ft Worth, :ok_hand: or Louisville in Military :+1: :+1:
Athlon - South Carolina in Birmingham :+1:
Sporting News - Mississippi State in Birmingham :+1: :+1:

My projection: Fiesta Bowl vs Michigan St - :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

8 Likes

This ranking checks out

Houston vs. aggy would draw a decent crowd somewhere.

7 Likes

In the Astrodome…… don’t even fix it up…. Just turn the lights on and play…. Their pampered players and entitled fans would not know what to do…… our guys are junk yard dogs…… Coogs by 20 in the dome!

5 million winner take it all in the New Gallery Furniture Bowl

No Hawaii bowl. We end up playing the Rainbows which is a who cares win and definitely no fun to lose. I do not like losing to Hawaii

I’ve seen the flyboys play. I think their triple option is better than Army’s or Knavy’s this year.

I can accept a good milieu for a bad opponent and vice versa.

I’m trying to imagine any B1G in Fenway, any sunny weather bowl or anything in Texas or Louisiana or something to keep my mind mind off basketball :sweat: damn what a way to lose :cold_sweat:

It usually bodes well for UH when nobody thinks we can win a game…

6 Likes

I don’t like UH losing to anybody, but a W against Hawaii is sweet.

I think that spread vs Cincy will go north of 8 1/2, especially if we stink it up against UCONN on TV. Btw, I’d take the 8 1/2 against Cincy and put a lot of money on it.

Aggy will probably go to the Citrus, which is about the best of the non-NY6 bowls, and they should play the Big 10 #3 team, likely Michigan State.

I definitely hope we don’t get something like that CBS projection as retribution for leaving the conference.

Getting an 8-4 MAC team in Dallas as the reward for an 11-1 regular season would be garbage.

2 Likes

At least it’s close

Based on projections I think our chances of getting a P5 opponent are very good if we beat UCONN and lose to Cincy. And if our DL plays and is relatively healthy that can win you a bowl game.

4 Likes