Brandon Jones

Guess I didn’t realize Carrier was canned for recruiting shortcomings

1 Like

" In 2022, Pro Football Focus rated Houston as the top pass blocking team in The American."
How did I not know this ?

2 Likes

Odd to make the change so late, maybe he got offered a job elsewhere?

MRCoog seems to have the ear of CDH and the inner workings, maybe he can tell us more.
" fired " , " last nail in the coffin " . Just maybe he wanted to move on also n it was mutual, knowing next year is prob not going to be great, he might have wanted a new scenery. I’ll wait for the latest from MrCoog. :expressionless: :roll_eyes:

Edit: and this post only cones bc he’s sent some unproked cr… gifs to me n @ehog. So back at ya.

Hah. Jess you are giving him exactly what he wants, attention. :upside_down_face:

Well I might as well make it bad attention. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Now back to Coach Jones moving on. Hope he lands in a good place for him.

According to TOS, he was “let go” which to me means he was canned and the reason was recruiting shortcomings.

2 Likes

Our O Line has never been a strength on our team. Like ever. Tyler McCloskeys fullback blocking is how we won the Peach Bowl year.

4 Likes

Sorry but going from Carrier to Shorts was one of the best decisions Dana has made since he got here. Not a good example to use.

6 Likes

So speculation. Right ?

Damn, I remember McCloskey. He was a SOLID TE for us that 2015 season.

Also goes to show how much losing Alton McCaskill hurt us this year.

Last season, I remember him doing a great job blocking for Tune when he had to, adding help to the O-Line. Then when you take into account how good he was at catching & gaining yardage, it becomes clear why he’s RB1.

3 Likes

McCloskey was a FB. Got the occasional carry but mainly was lead blocker on sweeps by our RB’s. He occasionally came out of backfield n caught passes n even a few TD as I recall. But main position was Fullback.

I agree with Kmoney on this one.

Carrier is a Coog Legend but Holgorsen’s decision to let Carrier go was apparently a good one.

Look at the talent we are accumulating in the receiver room!

2 Likes

Curious to see who we bring in to coach the O-line. There are some good options out there. If we could get him the line coach from Air Force would be top of the list ( I forget his name)

1 Like

Amen to that!

Wonder if it means a coach we want is now available.

Not comparing replacements (we’ll see who we get for Jones) as I said before to another poster I agree :100: shorts is damn good.

Point is someone else needed to go before Jones.

1 Like

Maybe they found a better coach. Sorry he loss his job. Fans wanted some heads to roll, well they got there sacrificial lamb

2 Likes

Maybe the LB coach? But idk who else. Secondary is mainly controlled by Belk so I guess you are saying he needs to go?

1 Like