Brandon Jones

What’s your take on the secondary coach?

Wish we had a new OC

6 Likes

Bad take. Our defense was riddled with injury and we lost a lot of talent from last year’s secondary.

I don’t think it was speculation since it was posted by Sellers.

Yep. The clipboard guy isn’t cutting it.

Who’s on our wish list for replacements?

Kim Helton

3 Likes

It will be interesting to see who ends up with the job. We need a person who knows Texas high school football, can recruit (duh!) and establish relationships with the North Shores and the Katys of the world. We also need a better presence in the metroplex area. Who has a dynamic personality that can coach?

I would love to hear an OL candidate’s response to the question: “How do you plan to overcome P5 schools who have more NIL resources than UH?”

I just googled “offensive line coach fired”. Lots of candidates. Randy Clements name came up

1 Like

Do we have to hire someone out of work? Can’t we poach?

1 Like

No but it’s easy to see who is available.

1 Like

I had actually thought of him, but I believe he was hired on at UNC by Mack.

Mike Bloesch was recently named Cal’s offensive line coach and run game coordinator. He’s a guy we might consider. Matt Mattox is Purdue’s OL coach. Not sure he’d leave.

2 Likes

Any Texan would love to get out of Berkeley

3 Likes

It works just like the real world. If your employed, you will consider if its a nice pay bump. If your unemployed, you will settle for less. Demand drives the market.

Our football program is no longer G5, so we should be able to get the same kinds of candidates that Louisville or Northwestern, etc. can get. Not gonna get the candidates the upper half of SEC teams can interview.

Not necessarily. I’m just saying the guy that gave up 77 points needs to go. Doh!!!

5 Likes

I don’t think we should limit ourselves; let’s poach the OL coach from the Cincinnati Bengals or Philadelphia Eagles! :wink:

3 Likes

We don’t need to hire an out of a job O line coach, hello lol that should tell u something

Just need to bring in a up and comer, who’s hungry who has history of developing OL Preferably he was a OL guy in his day who was mean and nasty. Crosssbreed of Larry Allen with Conrab Dobler attitude.

3 Likes