Brian Kelly to LSU

Ryan Day wants to be a head coach in the NFL.

“ He will likely be the Irish’s top target.”

4 Likes

Fickell to ND!!!

6 Likes

“ Time will tell, but the Fighting Irish could pursue the Bearcats head coach in the coming days and weeks.”

I’m sure Kelly looked and saw the last 3 coaches at LSU won National Championships. With Notre Dame’s admission requirements, Kelly may have felt he hit the ceiling

5 Likes

I wanna see stories breaking out with rumors of Luke Fickell going to ND

4 Likes

Its Fickell. It’ll be the shortest coaching search in the history of the sport.

3 Likes

Actually I think it’s a job that will be hard to turn down for him. Like I said in another thread no program is above being poached if enough dollars offered…This is the new CFB 21st century style. Days of winning one for the Gibber are gone with horse buggies and whips.

2 Likes

“Perhaps the top name on the list would be Cincinnati’s Luke Fickell, who recently turned down the opportunity to interview at a multitude of programs this hiring season. Fickell, however, has been linked to both the Ohio State and Irish job since last season when he led the Bearcats to a New Year’s Six Bowl game for the first time in history.”

I’m betting that Luke Fickell gets the call from Jack Swarbrick

“Notre Dame is in position to hire some of college football’s top active — and inactive — coaches, should Kelly leave the program. Chief among them is current Cincinnati coach Luke Fickell, who has led the Bearcats to a 47-14 record in five seasons, including three seasons of at least 11 wins in 2018, '19 and '21. Should he take over for Kelly, he would become the second coach to leave the program for Notre Dame (the first being Kelly).”

We will free him up saturday to pursue his future endeavors

10 Likes

“Cincinnati’s Luke Fickell will be a top target to replace Kelly at Notre Dame, sources told ESPN’s Chris Low. The timing would be anything but ideal for Fickell, though. He has his undefeated Bearcats on the cusp of the College Football Playoff if they can win their matchup against Houston on Saturday in the AAC championship game.

“Fickell has drawn serious interest from several other big-name schools in recent years, but sources close to Fickell said earlier this year that the two jobs that would be most difficult for him to turn down would be Notre Dame and Ohio State, the latter being his alma mater.”

1 Like

Must be part of his retirement plan
Tired of the cold

1 Like

I keep reading that Brian Kelly’s salary is $1.6M at ND. How can that be right?

Being a private no one really knows. Maybe incentives built in his contract

Does this mean that Cincy will be distracted in the same way we were in 2011?

Good for us if true!

7 Likes

willhclark, yeoman’s work over on the csnbbs boards!!!

Lololololololololololololololol

He Gone

1 Like