Brian Kelly to LSU

Now we need him to accept it before the game.

No, no…take that back. Deny it before the game but disappear for two days with stomach virus.

6 Likes

Brian Kelly is a winner so idk how this is a bad hire. He will win a natty for sure.

https://twitter.com/AnnieAgar/status/1465490953775505409

12 Likes

79 cotton bowl didn’t UH go for 4th down instead of punting the ball away.

Can we not relive the 79 Cotton Bowl? I’m luxuriating in the ether of ND getting poached.

3 Likes

Are you saying Fickell says no to wait for Ohio State or that ND passes because Fickell would have eyes on OSU? If it’s the latter Freeman is also an OSU alum.

Also, I understand Freeman is up and coming but wasn’t ND’s D good but not great this year?

I think ND would be nuts to pass on Fickell if he’s an option.

1 Like

If Fickel has enough leverage, he might be able to pull a Scott Frost. Accept, but leave at the end.

1 Like

Now I hope LSU goes on a eight year sabbatical in the SEC cellar.

1 Like

$15 million a year?!?!

What a horrible deal for LSU…they must have been real desperate. I know donors will pay for this…but our endowment is almost double LSUs.

9 Likes

I just want to be in a New Years Six Bowl Game again. So anything that screws up Cincinatti on gameday I’m all for

7 Likes

Frost fell behind in recruiting by staying at UCF. He hasn’t recovered from that. Again, it could have been because of the difficulty in recruiting for Nebraska. Notre Dame is a different animal, I can see him staying through their games.

Nah Notre Dame isn’t the type of school to allow that. Plus it’s so rare in general and the scott frost is the perfect example of why you don’t stay.

We don’t have to start it, it’s all over the internet.

2 Likes

Nebraska is turning a corner. Very slow but they are close to being relevant again. Frost has turned in top 20 classes the past three seasons, so I really don’t see Fickel losing a lot by negotiating a leave at the end of the playoff (should they make it). Also, Notre Dame is in way better shape then Nebraska was in 2018.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/1465521214340882434?s=20

He has been at ND for a long time. I could see him wanting a different challenge. The money is good too so…

1 Like

He says no to wait for OSU.

Ryan Day isn’t there for the long haul.

Yea. Sometimes the money makes the challenge seem more attractive. At ND you’re supposed to play heavyweights every week. At LSU at least he’ll have a pre-season to warm up and one or two doormats in conference every year. One thing about Kelly, the competition won’t scare him away.

No one is turning down Notre Dame on the possibility they MIGHT have an opportunity for a better job in the future. That would just be straight up dumb. Plus there is nothing keeping him from leaving Notre Dame for OSU if that job becomes available in the future.

1 Like

If there’s anyone that can win a national championship at Notre Dame, it’s Luke Fickell and Urban Meyer

If they offer the job, he’s gonna take it in my opinion