Briles and FSU

Khator needs it for her annual XMAS party! :grin::joy:

3 Likes

Texas will steal Sampson to stick it to us again

Sampson not leaving imo. Latter part of his career. Family man
yes he really is. Both his kids work for him. He will be taken care of.

3 Likes

Going for moderate success in football will get you the same as no success in our conference situation. The only way you make waves and get talked about is being one of the best teams in our group of conferences. Having a good basketball team is great, we’re lucky Sampson is doing the jobe he is, but it doesn’t command the same attention.

2 Likes

Trying to sell subscriptions. Psshh. Yes it may come out true but just wants to beat Duarte and Berman to the punch. Duarte n Berman can’t put out heresay bec they would lose their privileges or hamper them. The # of followers on Twitter for Coogfans says it all. Not a fan! I’ll leave it there.

Marquez Stevenson, D King really excelled in his offense. Was hoping he would stick around , especially with tools he has at his disposal next season.

1 Like

Money and coaches is not the problem.
The new UH contract model pays us when a good coach gets poached. Financially—short term—-we come out ahead.
Continuing to find the stars is the challenge.
Also having continuity in program development is impossible.

1 Like

Stop drinking. It’s only Monday. :grin:

Just make the damn announcement one way or the other and let’s get this over with, feel bad for King going to have to learn new offense again if new coach comes on this Sucks!!!

1 Like

I worded it wrong. I meant be more economical on football salaries and allow more salary for basketball. I assumed this would lead to only moderate success. I definitely understand that a Top 2 AAC football team is more valuable than a Top 2 basketball team but AAC teams that reach these levels in football tend to lose their coach and return to more “moderate” success. Just something that I was thinking about as a way to prevent a possible hit to our sports program overall.

I hope you are right but the Orlando Magic rumor surfaced last offseason after just one NCAA tourney win. I think Sampson is about to get paid and rightfully so. Only wondering how much we can afford to try to hold on to coaches while not getting big pieces of the revenue others get for football.

4 OCs in 4 years
hard to recruit to that.

6 Likes

Basketball isn’t as badly rigged, they can screw our seeding in basketball but can’t keep us out of the playoffs.

4 Likes

Not sure where he started getting sources from, never really had insider info all the years on Coogfans. I will give him credit for the timing of the D’Onfrio firing announcement though. Everybody knew it was going to happen, but he posted a couple hours before Duarte/Berman.

1 Like

Not a chance he goes there. Rockets are probably the only major threat in the short term, maybe a couple other NBA teams.

2 Likes

Sampson could go from UH (working for Tilman Fertitta) to the Rockets (still working for Tilman Fertitta).

Go Coogs. Peace.

2 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better. Every once and while it sticks when you throw it out there. He knows Berman/Duarte can’t put it out there until it’s a done deal, he has nothing to lose like they do. SID-- Bassity gives any info first to JD/Mark on UH Football. Damn shame.

Basketball has a real shot at a national championship. Football has no shot the way things are right now. I would focus on basketball and keep football competitive (top tier of the American). I think we can make more noise with basketball which would help our chance at name recognition.

6 Likes

Tilman would call KS son into the office before he screwed UH. Sign him to his dad’s contract, then sign Sampson.

Agree. You can make a G5 work by attracting and keeping good coordinators but it takes clout to do that. UH is an ideal school to develop that clout.

So far, CMA is 1 out of 3 on coordinators. The 2 coordinators he got wrong weren’t just bad
 they were REALLY bad.

He needs to knock it out of the park with these coordinator picks.

2 Likes

So it is a done deal? ?