Briles and FSU

Nope.

I say it’s official by Thursday

Can we get Brian Wright from Toledo a plane ticket now? Or should Tillman send the plane?

It is like that yoda guy and that other jerk on Twitter that just randomly tweet out that realignment is about to happen because they timed it right once. The always have sources.

1 Like

Life in G5. Unfortunately, it won’t change until we get in the club

Mr Grinch will get his and will be searching for work within a few years, the way you leave will impact your life. Look at what happened to his dad, now he can’t find work anywhere
evil will not prosper forever

2 Likes

Is he gone yet?

1 Like

Not yet, but we all can deduce that it is a done deal without the headlines yet. Big question is: Are the meeting secretly st UH or Starbucks ???

Meeting at the Hilton in campus.

2 Likes

I’ll be happy when the Briles are gone from this program. Good riddance

6 Likes

That also means recruiting them and hiring them, any of them from here out! We bail them out just to step on us
no more!

1 Like

I believe that a move to FSU will complete the laundering of Kendall’s reputation from the stink of Baylor. Yes, it will remain on the resume but the years since have allowed him to clean up the mess.

I don’t understand going to FSU other than merely the paycheck. Taggart has been awful there and I imagine will be fired in the next 2-3 years, if not sooner. This seems awfully short-sighted even in today’s coaching carousel world.

It also doesn’t make sense to me that he would sign an extension here before interviewing for other jobs. If P5 is where he was looking, he had to know that whatever extension he signed here would at best be half of what he would get at a P5. So he certainly didn’t negotiate an extension to create leverage in negotiating salary for a P5 job.

All around, this is a just a terrible look for KB and I don’t understand it at all. One more year here at UH with King and this offense would have opened up pretty much any job he could have wanted. But to each his own, I guess.

8 Likes

Fear

When Taggart gets fired so will Briles.

1 Like

Gonna play devil’s advocate, the last Jimbo Fisher team was absolutely terrible by FSU standards and barely limped to a bowl game as Jimbo spent that year shockingly checked out. This year’s FSU team had 7-8 scholarship O linemen and promptly suffered an injury crisis at that position.

And this was going to be a pretty big change coming in, switching from a slower tempo pro-set offense to the up tempo Gulf Coast offense Taggart ran at USF. And he may fail spectacularly at FSU, but I don’t think that can be determined from a 5-7 season with someone else’s mess.

You know this may be a little about the cleansing of his record, but more to do with a degree of difficulty to turn around really bad offenses. CKB definitely impacted our productivity and got us into the top 25 before injuries on the defense knocked us back out. If he can make FSU also smell like a rose, then he may be interviewing for a new job as a head coach next year. Art has him on the 5 minute plan.

1 Like

Maybe 
 Kendal has been OC’ing at the G5 level with mostly G5s competition 
 NOW 

He will be with the BIG BOYS 
 playing against their defenses which isn’t exactly chopped liver 
 the Clemson’s ND’s Pittsburgh’s Boston College’s VirTech’s 
 and he will have ah dufus for HC whose brilliance is only surpassed by his ineptitude or what he has been able to get away with by his fast-talking he has been able to sell to those desperate for a return to greatness.

Kendal may or may not do well 
 but it would have been nice to have a better HC to work under 

I’m done with Benedict Briles #2 the sooner he goes the better. He is hurting our recruiting at the moment.

2 Likes

MARLOW
liked the “5 minute plan” reference
kudos for that one

also, can’t believe nothing has leaked from either Tennessee or Florida State other than the length of the Florida State meeting (2.5 hours - which seems REALLY SHORT to me)

my guess is that the “powers that be” in those places are pinging the name around their collective circles and are getting some negative feedback
that being said no rumors have surfaced with respect to alternate candidates

the players on Cullen Blvd know who is prepping the Army game plan and still no leaks