Brooks brothers (Shiner, TX)

We may have a similar situation not quite as good as the Oliver brothers but close to it on our hands.

Doug Brooks is a senior rb/dl for 2a Shiner HS and has offers from UH, Army, Colorado State, UTSA, and is not rated.

His brother is a 4 star rb/safety for Shiner junior who has offers from about everywhere. He’s a top 64 player in the country.

Last night Dalton ran for nearly 400 yards and Doug ran for close to 200 yards as number 2 Shiner defending state champs defeated number 1 Refugio, 55-14. 427 total enrollment between the two schools had 11k plus fans at Victoria’s stadium.

I do the PA at my school who is in Shiner’s district. He came and averaged 30 yards a carry against our team that just went 3 rounds.

My dad who was at the game and also attended UH said wish we could get him to play with McCaskill his junior year.

These kids played in the semis vs Timpson last year in New Caney and I anticipate the same matchup next week maybe in New Caney again.

Steve Sarkisian was at the Shiner game last night. UT wants him bad. Their cousin from Halletsville was a 4 star rb who I announced many tds against my team last year plays for UT. Jonathan Brooks. Douglas Brooks probably isn’t good enough for UT similar to Marcus Oliver. Can we get both Doug this year and Dalton next year?

7 Likes

Let’s go get both of these kids. I love the competitiveness small town kids have.

9 Likes

And here I was ready to buy a UH-branded OCBD or something…

6 Likes

I thought maybe they had a new UH tie in stock.

9 Likes

A red Brooks Brothers blazer would be cool.

10 Likes

More Olivers and Peacocks please !
Love signing up great families !

4 Likes

You want families? Go small town and get some Brezinas

10 Likes

Don’t forget the DeGroot’s.

4 Likes

I think Doug is going to be a quality interior defensive lineman. If he were two or three inches taller he’d be swamped with offers.

5 Likes

I like cold Shiner Bock on a late summer Saturday early evening after a full day of yard work.

6 Likes

I know some people from Shiner that I saw at Thanksgiving…… they believe the DL is headed here and the RB to UT.

If you want to piss off your college career UT is the place to do it.

12 Likes

1000% agree

3 Likes

Same kid on that Netflix show Friday night Tykes

2 Likes

We had 2 sisters from Shiner on our softball team about 10-12 years ago play at UH I believe.

Not 100% sure but they’re supposed to play Thursday at 7pm in Tomball for the semis.

1 Like

Back in the 70’s Shiner was worse than Pearl. Shiner Bock saved that brewery.

1 Like

Youngloyalcougar2, I’m from Yoakum. What team do you PA for?

It’s hard for us to beat UT and A&M for small-town kids, because they constantly hear the refrain, “You don’t want to live in Houston!” For some reason, Austin is seen as a “safer” city than Houston (at least it was for people I grew up around). Fortunately, some don’t buy into that negative propaganda.

2 Likes

Now Austin has a worse crime rate than Houston!

3 Likes

Austin just has better marketing. It’s a fine town, but Austin has nothing you can’t find–and better–in Houston. Yet so many folks in Texas and elsewhere think it’s like nothing else on earth.

5 Likes

Ganado. We’ve had a guy go to TCU and UT years back. I know we had Mac Long and Devin Parks from Edna. Of course the Yoakum boys haven’t fared to well in college yet. I work with a lady from Yoakum. Of course I live in Houston now but drive down on Friday’s.

Small town kids can go anywhere imho.

2 Likes