Brooks brothers (Shiner, TX)

Lake Austin, Barton Springs much better.

This is a true statement…. Bock became trendy and then people liked the story of The little Shiner Brewery…… the rest is history.

Already had their Xmas lights up before Thanksgiving and American :us: flags line the streets around the 4th…. Great little Americana town.

3 Likes

We danced in a Shiner Bock commercial a few years ago. Setting was the White Horse Saloon on Comal. It was a fun gig, but took all day to shoot a less than 60 second commercial.

Are you from Ganado? I’ve got family there … Engelmohr’s. One played at Mary Hardin Baylor.

1 Like

False Alarm :rotating_light:

Thread was down a month…. Got all excited because I thought one or perhaps both had picked the Coogs.

A bunch of bull💩….lol

1 Like

Yes. Played football with both of them. They are some big dudes. He should have transferred to UH.

I brought him and a few friends from Ganado to UH games before over the years. One was that high scoring loss to TCU, one which Brady came to was Southern Miss game for championship in which we won.

Brady’s physical transformation from HS to college was astounding … need to get a fishing trip in with Cody.

1 Like

Well said Rev !
Go Coogs !

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed.

I was wondering what ever happened to these two kids on the show and here they are. Studs!!

Friday Night Tykes. Great show.

From a great source, Big Doug will sign in Feb. Notre Dames offer of a preferred walk on wasn’t what he wanted. Several other schools got in on him late, but he’s gonna be a COOG! He will be on the D-line, starting off at nose, but most likely move up and down the line like he did at Shiner. Heard another thing on him also. He is really just starting to man up physically, if you’ve seen him play you’d think that he is already in beast mode. Kid has the makings! GO COOGS!

25 Likes

He is a legit source. Ganadofan here from Texasfootball. Nice to see you.

1 Like

I think I remember who you’re talking about and had class with them. They were solid.

I’m from rockport, spent some time in hallettsville bc of grandmother living there… they’re cousins with Jonathan brooks… but those brothers can sure play some ball

3 Likes

My dad played football in Rockport with Bob Gillis and Donald Egg was their coach.

Bob Gillis hired me to coach in Victoria many, many years ago before heading back to El Campo.

3 Likes

Same here Podnah, hope the Horns can keep up with the Indians and Quanahs Boys next fall

1 Like

I hope we do alright tonight in basketball. I would probably guess Shorthorns by 8 to 10. I can’t justify a trip on a Tuesday when I have UH on tv or in person tonight.

Wait…so what is the likelihood we land both brothers ?

2 Likes

Horns are trying to find their identity. I’m staying home to watch The Coogs

2 Likes