Brooks brothers (Shiner, TX)

I’ll check with Coach B.

2 Likes

If I was his brother, I would want to play with my brother. I was able to in hs and we also went to a UH camp. Briles called me by my hometown after a catch.

You don’t get scholarships for being 6’ 190 and running a 4.9. Oh well.

2 Likes

I was 6’4" and 185 … and was timed with a calendar. I think it was the 90’s fastball that got me the scholarship

3 Likes

You got a full scholarship in baseball?

3 Likes

And my dad is from el campo, gpa as a game warden. Moved to orange then he graduated in polacious. Know the name meismer?

Palacios Sharks. Nice place to fish not much else there.

3 Likes

My great great great grandparents are buried near Ganado, great great grandparents farmed between Shiner and Moulton, and great grandparents grew up in Shiner.

Many many decades later that resulted in me graduating from the University of Houston. Hopefully the Brooks brothers will do the same.

11 Likes

Are your great great grandparents Chinese? The Chinese helped build this country despite being discriminated and their contributions were overlooked.

4 Likes

I lived in Palacios and worked at the Bay City Nuke. I have never see mosquitos like that place has. Also, my son attended 4th grade there in the best Public School System I have seen . The Nuke was in their Tax Base and provided two teachers per room of about 15 students. They had the best of everything .
Go Coogs !

2 Likes

The nuke plant us still therem my brother coached at Bay City. Chandi Jones played at Bay City and is their hc now.

2 Likes

No – I’m 0% Chinese, just an occasional fan of the restaurant. The ancestors I’m referring to immigrated to Texas from Germany in the 1870’s.

5 Likes

Mine came to Texas in the 1850s from Germany.

2 Likes

Dude…. You were so much cooler when I thought you were Asian. Lol - you’re still cool

3 Likes

Me too !
We settled around Smithville,Winchester and Frederichsburg .

Mine came from Georgia (the state not the country) in the 1950s. I am a native Texan by the grace of God and the US Air Force.

3 Likes

Mine did as well… started out in mentz outside of Columbus and made way to el campo… like I said my gpa was a game warden down in palacious… good fishing yep think there is more shrimp in the water there then anywhere else… I think the fishing it better down my way in rockport but that’s just my bias

1 Like

Thanks for enlightening us.

This topic took a turn, and no one is arguing. Just friendly family history.

1 Like

I would have had it, but I didn’t need/or want the room and board.