Can we please stop giving UT TOO MUCH CREDIT!

Gang,

Now that we know that UT WILL be playing us at TDECU next season can we please STOP acting as if they have the power to make everything go their way?

First, there were people posting about how UT somehow had the power to make the charges against Beard go away, and that he’d still be coaching there next season.

Then people said UT would somehow figure out a way to avoid playing us.

HORSE HOCKEY!!!

UT ain’t all that.

Stop treating UT as if either a) they are an organized crime boss that is untouchable, OR b) a dictator that cannot be overthrown.

You people are giving them WAY TOO MUCH CREDIT!!!

14 Likes

Sorry, but UT is a criminal organization! At least towards us anyway! :wink:

7 Likes

They are. There’s to many people with money and influence involved.

Thinking they can’t sway decisions their way is crazy.

They sure couldn’t in either of those cases.

Old Coogs won’t move on from the SWC.

1 Like

Blasphemy, what kind of a thread is this?
SELL THE LAND
The reception that they should get is one that DEFINES home field advantage.
1996 to 10/21/2023
LET US NEVER FORGET
Eat Em Coogs

1 Like

Again, they lacked the power (thus far, anyway) to build a UT-Houston on that land.

As I said…as much as I hate 'em, and as much as we should indeed give them the reception that you say (I AGREE there), … THEY AIN’T ALL THAT!!!

Stop acting as if they have the power to make everything go their way.

You’re giving them way too much credit when you do.

Their greatest success has been in making everyone else THINK that they are all that.

We need to NOT concede that to them.

4 Likes

You think you are right?
Then why haven’t they sold the land?
SELL THE LAND

2 Likes

Answer: because they are being difficult.

That said, they have NOT had the power to build a UT-Houston on it.

As such, as I said, they do NOT have the power to make everything go their way.

I’m about to close there credit account. I’ll have the Commish cut their credit card in half

All it takes is a Bonghorn graduate that becomes governor and he is in favor of UT expanding into our territory and this UT-Houston would be pushed down our throats!

Abbott is already a Bonghorn.

Hasn’t happened.

2 Likes

Luckily he is from Houston and doesn’t think UT-Houston is a good idea for the state! You have got to remember a large chunk of his supporters are from the Houston area. He needs us for his political career! Who knows who will be the next UT graduate that becomes governor and what he thinks about the idea of a UT-Houston, which is the reason why I would always be worried about this threat unless UT sells the land!

2 Likes

I believe the land has been sold and is being developed as a medical or research facility

1 Like

Sometime in the 90s my dad took all 4 of the kids to UT game in Austin. At halftime we went to the restroom and came back. They wouldn’t let us sit down and refused to move. Dad said it was like you and your kids won’t have a seat unless you get an usher and show tickets. With the kids dad said he just took us home. Wasn’t going to fight some jerks. He has nothing for UT.

HORNS DOWN

4 Likes

If this is true then I will celebrate! Yippy yippidy do da! :clap::pray:t2:

Give us some details. TY.

Yeah any info? It would be huge news to know for sure.

1 Like

“I believe the land has been sold and is being developed as a medical or research facility”

I doubt the land has been sold. A medical or research facility would just be UT trying a different approach. The fact that UT was stopped once does not mean it won’t try again.

If UT destroys UH or greatly diminishes UH and replaces it with a UT-H the city and the state will not be any better off. It would give UT more power. That is a Mafia type operation. Grow stronger by destroying your enemy.

PUF money gives UT enormous power. UT has all the resources to do it. All it has to do is find an approach that gets past a few obstacles.

3 Likes

I believe I had heard that the land was indeed on sale, but I don’t know if anyone actually bought it.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/08/26/university-of-texas-land-near-houstons-nrg-stadium.html#:~:text=the%20UT%20System.-,The%20University%20of%20Texas%20System%20is%20looking%20to%20sell%20nearly,and%20NRG%20Stadium%20in%20Houston.&text=The%20UT%20System%20tapped%20JLL,26%20press%20release.

1 Like