Cedric Lath 6’10 C - 2023 Red Shirting Freshman

He loves basketball, really does. It’s a shame the poor kid can’t hear any of it.

1 Like

Big guy is athletic too, damn

He’s trying to appease our resident critics

4 Likes

Next season this Big Guy joins Roberts and Francis.

Who will be our fourth Big Man?

1 Like

we already have 4 and 5th

4 Likes

lath is likely the 5th… we have 2 other 4star bigs coming in… lath has the most college ready body but the most raw of the 3

This thread:

space-balls

1 Like

Was hoping for Dedan to reclassify but last interview from Sampson after we got Lath, he said for class of 2023, hes done taking anymore, so best bet is Dedan to come in his 2024 class, if he chooses us, hope so

1 Like

I don’t think CKS said anything you would need to hold him to. I took it more like, we aren’t doing any more recruiting (but if people we recruited come to us we will consider them)

2 Likes

R. Walker has stepped away from team.
Bowser is back home attending a funeral
JW of course is sick.

So next year, other than 6’8 Francis, we have no experienced center.
For Christmas, I would like a good, experienced 6’11 transfer like we got last year.

2 Likes

@Objective would love that. And i have the perfect guy.

Coach really liked him. Called him a pro during postgame comments

Jwan, Francis, Lath and Tugler, i think will be our 4 bigs. But you need a veteran big absolutely. Alot of youth on the frontline. Im going with McFarland as a redshirt.

5 Likes

He was only able to get 8 rebounds last night against us in our under-sized, thin, foul-ridden state. Unless CKS could do some very quick moulding, no thanks.

1 Like

I understand. Alot of the big name centers in the transfer portal want NIL deals. Starting roles guaranteed

This guy his last few games: 19 &10rebs vs Wichita St. 20pts and 12rebs vs Temple.

Maybe hes an under the radar pick up, where we dont have to outbid (NIL wise) for him

3 Likes

Quick molding ala Josh Carlton? Not saying we need to go after anyone in the portal but I think our staff has shown that it will get more out of a player than the average (or in the case of USF, very below average) program.

1 Like

stated before but disagree with your order.

@pesik Lath, by coming in early will see some action next year.

You agree, we probably add a transfer portal big.

So, Jwan, Francis, Lath & portal big. Thats four.

We typically only use (5) forwards in a season, so either McFarland or Tugler?

Similar to this year, where we couldve used Mylik Wilson, for a few games, here and there. But he wouldn’t get consistent minutes. So, we redshirted him

McFarlands length absolutely could be a resource next year. But hes also a freshman, a very thin body who can get pushed around in the Big 12.

I’ll stop editing and let you respond :smile:

tugler over lath in any circumstance… at the 5 or 4…

mcfaland is a 4star recruit, we aren’t going to redshirt him for players in the same class with how the portal is…

sampson on both:
lath: he is a long term project, everyone involved knows that. he wasnt even a starter on his high school/aau team
mcfarland: from the moment i saw him i knew he’d be a star, he will be starter for us at some point

i expect a “practical” double redshirt for lath

1 Like

I have watched A LOT of Tugler and KJ but I haven’t found much film on Lath and McFarland so I don’t like to speak on them too much. @pesik if you get the chance can you drop some tape in 2023 offers thread for McFarland and Lath. I haven’t found much luck finding any tape of them. They don’t post as much highlights as KJ and JoJo