Cedric Lath 6’10 C - 2023 Red Shirting Freshman

And your point is ?
Koloko and Ballo sub each other for same center position, was guarded by Carlton, hence they were shut down.
Tubelis was too tired to shoot well on offense after chasing Fabian around on defense since Fabian was a 3 point threat.
And Carlton was there as a semi back-up for him.

1 Like

Carlton lead the Coogs in rebounds, against 2 7 footers.

2 Likes

I think the point here is that UH doesn’t need a 6’10 guy to win the chip.

LFG!!! :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Reggie also provided a ton of support on their bigs while Carlton was out.

We still have him and he’s more than capable.

Shead and Kyler played lights out that game.

Fabian was terrible, too.

Tubelis was tired in the first half? When he was really, really bad?

1 Like

Laughable that we are bringing up Carlton when Kyler and Shead put up 40. And Kyler locked Arizona’s best player down.

But y’all keep beating that drum.

3 Likes

Reggie isn’t getting enough credit here.

4 Likes

He never does.

3 Likes

Idk how we survived the 12 minutes Carlton wasn’t on the court.

Amazing that we didn’t get blown out.

1 Like

Jarace Walker led us in rebounds against three 7 footers.

2 Likes

Reggie has been hurt a lot the last 2 years so its hard to know what we are getting game to game but he was a key in the tourney.

You don’t need 6’10 bigs to win the tourney but night to night in the big 12 it will help. Undersized bigs need to be strong and aggressive. I think this just happens to be a year when the front court is young and needs some seasoning. Francis is coming but he still a bit slight. Walker is just a freshman but I think by March they will peak.

2 Likes

Carlton really did not play that well against Arizona or Villanova. It was 6-7 Roberts who took center stage

3 Likes

So now we’re NOT talking about the Arizona game?

I think J Walk could have got 1 more rebound against 2 7 footers to match Carlton’s total.

Not even sure what your point in saying that was.

Let’s just stick to the facts. Not your conjecture to try to prove your point.

Alright. Let’s stick to them.

Josh had 10 points and 7 rebounds.

Kyler Edwards had 19 points and 5 rebounds. While also holding Mathurin to 4-14 from the field.

Jamal Shead had 21 points, 6 assists, and 4 rebounds.

And Jamal was the best player on the floor. 3 of those guys are in the NBA today.

How is that for facts?

Our guards won us the game. But keep beating the 6’10” drum.

4 Likes

OK sure, you win.

Just say that you didn’t want the facts next time. It’s all good, my man. We’re on the same team.

Sure bro, you’re always right.

This is just barbershop talk.

I’ve lost plenty of arguments against Pesik and others on this board. I don’t think I’m always right.

I think you’re wrong here. But, hell. The consensus may say you’re right. And I will take the L graciously.

No need to get defensive. It’s just a message board.

1 Like