Centennial Transformation Presentation 1/23/24

I don’t know how many of you were on that zoom but it was recorded. Any thoughts?

I do wonder how many Coogfans asked about Palm Trees.

Do you have a link.

From what I heard it’s really going to transform that area by the stadium into campus. It will be iconic after done. Great place for students to gather.

1 Like

Hopefully they post the slide deck soon. I took screen shots, and will try to post them in a minute. Some drastic changes from what has already been shared.

I can only attach 5 per post, and post 3 consecutive times. I have 3 more screen shots I can share.

1 Like

4 Likes

They should post the presentation, I thought, since it was recorded. I didn’t find it yesterday though.

2 Likes

Guess they have to finish by 2027. Says 2026 completion.

It will be impressive once done

2 Likes

These are concept renderings, so unfortunately, the final project will look nothing like them.

For example, the football ops building concept renderings were awesome. It was connected to the IPF and had a miniature football field in front of it. The final renderings are nothing like that but it’s still a nice building.

1 Like

I watched it live but im surprised they haven’t released a link to the recording so more people can see it.

It was recorded!

As long as farish comes down, I’m satisfied.

If those renderings are true, the large Cullen Family Fountains are to be replaced with
green space and a dinky splash pad style fountain. This was, is, the most photographed
places on campus after graduations.

Okay with Farish Hall coming down, but a big no if the Cullen Fountains and pool are reduced to
this. Horrible.

2 Likes

We need to keep the iconic fountains we have but we’ll see

2 Likes

They indicated that was really only a mockup of options and not actual plans. That they are still formalizing the actual plan there.

Okay, buts it 2024 already. Things have to start getting finalized if they want it completed by 2027.

Butler plaza also gets a makeover. Looks like the Tower of Cheyenne ( DNA strand ) gets moved out of Butler Plaza by the library and “A,A” takes its place. This would seem like an odd placement , as this lighted sculpture would not be able to cast its letters on any near by building.

Just find it odd this level of detail is being presented and if the design team has ever seen this sculpture at night.

1 Like

While the rendering of the fountain is just a concept, they seemed pretty committed to the idea of getting rid of the current fountains and replacing them with a smaller one.

The thing about the Cullen Fountains is that they’re only operational for a small portion of the year. Last I recall, they really only turn it on for graduation and other major photo ops. The rest of the time it’s just a dirty pool of water.

1 Like

The thing about the Cullen Fountains is that they’re only operational for a small portion of the year. Last I recall, they really only turn it on for graduation and other major photo ops. The rest of the time it’s just a dirty pool of water.

No that has not been my experience on visits to campus. Here is a live camera view of
the fountains with time lapse playback. Video evidence show otherwise.

They are on right now; current photo.

Sad to hear that.

I really don’t understand destroying arguably the most iconic thing on campus to celebrate
the 100 year history. Irony.

2 Likes

I like everything but losing the fountains

2 Likes

They are still taking input.