CFP rankings

Dimel has a shot at (I’m guessing) being the only coach to go winless in a season at two different FBS programs.

I don’t think ISU gets credit for losing to TCU. They got credit for beating Tech, West Virginia and winning at OK State.

1 Like

The quote from the article lumped the 3 point loss to TCU in with double digit losses to Iowa and OU and called them all “quality losses.” Why mention “quality losses” if they aren’t getting credit for them? Now, I might agree that they aren’t getting points for these losses, but the voters somehow found a way to ignore 3 losses that can’t, in any conceivable way, be considered “quality.”

I don’t think this is a grand conspiracy against UH at all.

13 human beings in a locked room with no defined written rules will always have their inherent bias and agenda. They get to chose which data to look at and which data to ignore. They get to define how each piece of data is interpreted and which sets to apply to which scenario. Historically and currently, that bias is against the group of 5 and against Houston.

The AP poll and the coach poll are also collections of bias votes and can not be used as the barometer for the CFP poll.

The true standard for these polls is their ability to predict the winners in the paired teams. Last week the AP/Coach polls were wrong 11 times (worse than flipping coins). Let see how the CFP poll do against that this week.

3 Likes