Chambers transferring

Yeah Bryson got hurt. CDH claimed he didnt know the whole playbook yet his son did and yet we barely beat UConn.

I didn’t like that statement, he said something like my son has learned my offense his whole life.

4 Likes

They come and go at all institutions
part of the game
nothing more, nothing less

Wish Mr. Chambers the best of luck on next step in his journey

4 Likes

One man’s establishing a culture is another man’s bad personnel choices. I am not at practice or around the team in any capacity so will stay on the sidelines about these things. Hope he does well wherever he goes and also hope Dana has or will get the personnel to fill the void.

5 Likes

Exactly. People here are acting as if Chambers and Lark weren’t part of that same group of guys that quit in games last year when things didn’t go their way. If you want to play for this coach, you can’t quit. Keep in mind that Lark was beat-out by a walk on WR. Maybe people don’t understand what talent is; how does the saying go?

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

We have two sides of the “play your best players” coin. On one side, people want stars to play regardless( those people don’t trust the coach). On the other side, we have people who want the player that gives maximum effort to play(those people trust the coach).

7 Likes

In 1973 Coach Yeoman signed the number 1 player in The State of Texas
Jeff “the jet” Bergeron.

The jet played in game #1, then Yeoman kicked him off the team. Jet was never heard of again.

Chambers was supposed to be a stud at TCU, playing for the best defensive coach in The Big 12, Patterson. Yet Chambers left TCU. Why?

Possibly another 5 Star recruit who did not have to work hard in high school and decided to always be that way. Maybe Patterson did not put up with it?

And maybe Dana would not put up with it.

3 Likes

Bingo. Not saying it’s true, but there is a pattern developing. Don’t tell that to the “fire the 4-8 coach in his first year” crowd.

Depends on how close the guy giving maximum effort is to the less hard working star/more talented player. I have no issue if the max effort guy is reasonably close, but if it’s really noticable and the coach is running out Johnny Try Hards instead of playing his absolute best then I do have an issue with that.

And given our record this year, I think it’s a valid question to raise. We don’t know and won’t know the answer but the question isn’t insane.

1 Like

Because of his dying aunt that raised him after his mom died.

1 Like

It is a valid concern; the difference between those individuals and others, is they are assuming the stars are close in effort to the Johnny Try Hards and the coach is full of fertilizer. They could be getting smoked in practice and ONLY getting on the field due to Johnny Try Hards needing a breather. Then what does that say about those “best” players?

If they are getting smoked by JTH’s in practice imagine the competition they’d be up against (in a plus or minus standpoint) in this conference? The “best” players need to be more like those Johnnys and try harder. :joy:

1 Like

So that means he’s transferring to HBU,TSU, Rice or Sam Houston correct?

1 Like

That would make the most sense.

Chambers is a good player and person. The guy can play and it shows. I’m disappointed in CDH because the dude has been productive in the little playing time he was given and Chambers was the most vocal about having a 4 man front and about staying home and going to Houston. There are videos of him supporting and being vocal about the Coogs all last season. If the guy can play let him play, its stupid to keep a good player on the bench and put in a subpar player in because he tries more in practice.

You know if you try more on an exam than the genius kid who doesnt study and still get a D. The professor isnt going to change it to an A because you tried more. I like CDH but if he loses both Chambers and King someone else should’ve coached. We dont have the luxury to let good players go.

1 Like

Eventually we’ll have better overall talent that also works hard. That’s when we can all say that UH is “back”. Personally, I think that all the talent that red-shirted or sat out due to transfer rules had better come into spring ready and willing to bust their tails or the less talented but no-quit-in-them players from this year’s team will win those starting spots. I will support a team like that all day long.

3 Likes

It’s not just about practice. It’s more about situational football and what type of player a guy turns into when:

A: you don’t have a lead.
B. you’re legs aren’t fresh
C. you’re not getting your numbers
D. you can’t sustain your level of intensity for 4 quarters.

Look at Ed Oliver. We could take 50 hits from Willy Nelson’s and Snoop Dog’s bong and still wouldn’t be high enough to suggest that Ed won’t be a better player than Jordan Phillips. However, at the moment, Ed has to be played sparingly because he has terrible hands and is a liability if left out there too long.

If you want to start for a GOOD football team, then its 4 quarters of intensity and consistency (or a whole practice), not spot play, or when you feel like playing. Other than that, adjust to your role as a rotational player.

2 Likes

You dont get to that level without live reps and the last time he was sidelined was because of his knee. He needed to start this year to do that.

1 Like

Are you familiar with conditioning? Though, not the exact same, it’s supposed to simulate 4 quarters of game intensity. If the guy was struggling to stand up straight or stay in front of the offensive linemen during staggered sprints, then he doesn’t want any part of 4 quarters of live reps. That’s just one example of why he may or may not have gotten reps.

Also I wouldn’t want any part of last year’s team playing this year. If this Coog team played last year’s team, 2019 would win every time.

1 Like

I know what conditioning is unfortunately but seeing the same thing from the same people isnt going to make you better. You forget he was injured or sidelined at TCU and his knee last year kept him out all season.

Last years team would outscore this years team with no injuries.

1 Like

This is inaccurate.
Because it is a team effort. As one great coach, I had said, “Poor effort is like cancer, it spreads.”
You can’t have someone not putting in the effort just because they get sacks in a game. Then others start putting forth less effort and then you end up wasting talent.
Don’t be a UT, be a UH. Play the guys that play hard and get the most out of them.
Don’t play cancers.

6 Likes

I understand he was hurt. Are you saying he hasn’t had the opportunity get up to shape because of the nagging knee injury? This would make a ton of sense and I don’t think anyone has brought up yet.

Maybe, but unfortunately 2018’s team would become injured this year and lose in the same ways they did last season:

A. D-Line getting tired quickly
B. Linebackers get hands put on them by 300+ pound dudes all game due to A.
C. Linebackers and D-Linemen both get injured due to A.

2 Likes