Chambers transferring

I thought we would have two defensive ends in this system. I never understood the point in constantly having a undersized guy line up in the trenches.

It’s totally explicable if he dogs it in practice, which Holgorson wouldn’t outright say, but very clearly implied.

1 Like

I believe Chambers was injured early in 2018. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I was pretty sure Chambers started the first few games and got injured.

You do realize this is the first year under this coaching staff? We cant even rotate lineman and linebackers with the complete lapse of depth that Herman and Applewhite left us. This coaching staff is working to beef up the defensive line but it will take a couple of years. You cant wave a magical wand and have 4 big defensive linemen be on the team. The defense UH is now running is a good match for all the spread teams we play in conferenc other than Navy. We have a couple of big lineman coming in next year. Also it hard to recruit a full defensive line of big athletic players like you mention because they are heavily recruited by the SEC, Big 12 and other “Power Conferences”.

He did get injured, before that he was playing on passing downs.

1 Like

Sounds about right. lol It would be a more dangerous defense if the guys up front can slant. But you can’t do that correctly if your’re not laterally quick to get by your man and adjust when he’s beat. Without lateral quickness you’ll just help the offensive linemen by getting moved out of the way.

1 Like

I just can’t believe some of these posts. Mr. Chambers is transfering period. Nobody on this board know what is going on behind closed doors. I don’t and you don’t. I am not here to judge one or the other. Again, I and we don’t have the facts. The only thing that I know for sure is that CDH is our leader. Therefore I will trust my leader until proven otherwise.
This is what I saw this entire season:
A Team focused on their task at hand.
A Team focused buying into their Head Coach.
A Team that never gave up.
A Team that made progress on all fronts. Yes even against Navy.
What I read on this board is constant malaise because:
We red-shirted players
We did not finish 12-0
We do not like CDH demeanor
We hear/read hear say of someone did this, did that
We speculate that Tune is not worthy
We speculate that King will be the 2020 Heisman trophy winner
I can go on and on and on.
What I am focusing on is our present and future. I am ecstatic by the foundations that CDH has established. A Team is made of raw emotions sometimes difficult to understand for the outside looking in. Granted our record does not reflect my sentiments. How many Teams have you seen this year or year’s past with the passion that our “slender” squad has shown. You can look up East or West. If these so called P5’s power houses had half the heart that our players have shown this year they would be playing in the cfp scam.
Have faith friends.

6 Likes

Understand your points, still seemed like we could have had Payton and Chambers on the line at the same time.

image https://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/tenor_1_.gif

I get the sense CDH is stubborn and when you get in his doghouse you are done
but
but
why not both?