Cincy 10.5 favs in Conference Championship Game

Cincy SHOULD be 10.5 point favorites. They are unbeaten and they beat the Catholics.

Why just exploit the OLine, let’s plow through their DLine as well.

1 Like

That’s a terrible piece. Atlias Bell doesn’t start or play that much, and, well, I’ll just say that some UH guys on this all-conference team shouldn’t be.

1 Like

I think Belk might have something up his sleeve to counter the QB scramble. Y’all remember USF? They had that freshman QB that we were getting pressure on all night long. He was so elusive he was able to escape the pressure and keep plays alive, and it hurt us all game long. Until the last few drives we had David Aneineh spy him wherever he went. I remember a lot of forced throw aways out of bounds once we started that. Cincinnati has way more talent than USF, so if we try to do that all game they’ll probably be able to exploit it, but it might be a wrinkle we can try out on key third downs or something

3 Likes

Yep and the Connecticut QB broke big chunks against us, I’m really worried about Ridder and can we keep Tune off his backside those are the 2 keys to the game for me

ESPN game predictor is Cincy 82.6% UH 17.4%

1 Like

It would be great if we do disguise blitzes and push Ridder one direction by keeping weak side gaps closed. Ridder doesn’t look all that impressive but his vision when running is amazing. Its frustrating to watch
lol. I think if we bend but don’t break then we have a real shot.

1 Like

I think it was USF that was running their QB all over us until we put a spy on him in the 4th quarter, Anenih I think
 I expect us to have someone on Ridder early in this game.

1 Like

The over/under is 53.5 The Over sounds right to me.

And, yet, we can’t run between the tackles. Have to question PFF’s Oline methodology

coaches need to realize that and set up an game plan that mitigates that

Maybe he got tired?

1 Like

No
 We specifically started spying late in the 4th in the game I’m talking about

Need a sarcasm button

3 Likes

Ahh
 :joy:

Re-watched 2020 game where Ridder leaving the pocket resulted in big gains or TDs. DL needs to focus on containment instead of sacking the QB. But I’ll let Belk devise the right scheme to slow Cinn down. Need a low scoring game to have a chance to win.

4 Likes

Ridder is definitely the key. His running off Option plays and scrambling from the pocket are killers to defenses.

2 Likes

And that tops sweep they love. We will see that a lot because it’s their play action. They will run the toss sweep and then play action the same motion then throw deep. Or QB run. We have to speed to keep up. Basically a triple option

We’ve struggled in the past and we’ve struggled this year containing QB runs. Running backs recieving out of the back field have also been unassigned on numerous occasions.

You have to wonder if teams are just scheming Belk up at this point. Fingers crossed one of those has been addressed because our secondary doesn’t want to have to tackle Ridder or Ford in the open.

Take the under. 50-3 Coogs win.