Civics 101 - understanding the law

Someone was talking about a “crazed look” the other day. That seems more fitting. Lol

3 Likes

This is Exhibit A for education spending/reform.

Story time!

So, I used to be a partner in BBQ restaurant 20 years ago (was good BBQ but didn’t make it, location, location, location, sigh). One of the employees was a ‘old timer’ nicknamed “Shorty”…great guy, classic Texas personality for the name.

Anyway, one night after cleaning up we’re hanging around having a drink and the Best Little Whorehouse in Texas came up in conversation and Shorty says he’d been there back when he was younger.

We were like “you got laid at the BLW?”…and he says…

“Sh*t yea, I f***** at the Chicken Ranch. Put my five** dollars down”, as he slams his hand on the table, “got me some!”

Then he told a story about how Marvin had a relative that was working at similar place in Sealy, Texas. When he found out he went on a crusade of sorts…Got that one shut down without a much of a fight. Then heard about the one in La Grange and went after it. Not sure if that’s true, still kinda doubt it, but Shorty swore by it.

**Not really sure on the denomination, coulda been 10 or 20.

Wasn’t that Linda Lovelace? :wink:

You are correct in thinking the name came from the movie, which debuted in 1972. That was the name given to Woodward by the informant. We first heard it in the book All the President’s Men.