Clayton Tune to Cardinals ! Good for him

Congrats to Clayton and his family…an exciting day. We will be cheering for him.

10 Likes

Yeah, and he’s good, but winning national championships are a lot easier for a QB to do when your defense gives up 14 points and under 300 yards per game.

4 Likes

There all birds

1 Like

Kyle, are you insinuating that the UGA defense was better than our Coogs’ defense? I’m shocked! Shocked, I tell you! :rofl:

2 Likes

If Tune was the Georgia QB with the Bulldog Offensive and Defensive personnel to compliment his game, I’m quite certain Tune would have engendered equal to or greater respect.

Tune is younger. Has better physical measurables. Had a better total score at the combine.

5 Likes

preach it, Reverende Goose!

2 Likes

Bennett’s OC didn’t leave him in 3rd and long every other series. Ya think that may have helped his draft stock?

I don’t why if we talk about a player’s deficiencies or something we feel he needs to improve it is looked at as putting him down. Tune did a lot of things right and a lot of things wrong while he was our QB. In the end he did more right than wrong. Congratulation Clayton on getting drafted.

3 Likes

Having watched him over the past few years I am convinced Tune got drafted because he was coached up, and yes that includes Holgersen!
Proud of Tune and hope he has a great career like Case!

14 Likes

19 Likes

https://twitter.com/azcardinals/status/1652403470425804805?s=42&t=JFMWF6D7aDpy43TFXHHkhQ

Very happy to read this; was unaware of it. Good luck to Clayton!

2 Likes

i predict Stetson Bennett will be out of the NFL before Clayton Tune.

8 Likes

Bennett has that Baker Mayfield immaturity.

2 Likes

I wish him the best. Hopefully he will end up being the most successful UH QB in the NFL. Work hard and read those WR quicker. Go Coogs! Go Tune!

5 Likes

Happy for Tune, he’s in a good situation with an over hyped, over paid inmature QB starter that can’t stay healthy. All he needs to do is learn and wait.

5 Likes

He was pretty bad until like the fourth or fifth game of the 2021 season. That hamstring injury was the best thing to ever happen to him in his football career. After he started performing, the criticism stopped.

Lol. Not exactly how it works.

Will tune start off as the backup or 3rd string?

Spot on. It’s also funny reading a lot of the draft summaries talk about Tune being a plus athlete and being able to run.

Some of the takes on here (including that Bryson Smith should be starting) made it seem like Tune had the mobility of Drew Bledsoe.

3 Likes