Clearly, this is all Applewhite's fault/Jacksonville State HC Candidate

Applewhite will eventually get another FBS HC job. Remember he was offered both the UTSA and Texas State jobs

Well, maybe at a HS.

Boy did UTSA make the right decision.

1 Like

I wish Coach Applewhite well, and I think heā€™ll be a great head coach somewhere down the line.

6 Likes

Major did the best he could under difficult circumstances. After LTH left, there was a lot of turmoil in the locker room that was not of his making. The Ed Oliver faction surely was part of it. But Applewhite is gone now and we are trending well under his replacement. I hold no animosity toward him and wish him well in the future. Itā€™s time for some people to drop their grudges, it only eats at the one holding the grudges, Applewhite is oblivious to them anyway.

8 Likes

He is a great guy, and I wish him the best of luckā€¦America is all about second chances to those who work hard (Dimel at UTEP). I hope he gets a gig and has successā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™ve also seen him supporting some of the players he recruited to UH on social media. I love that.

2 Likes

He did cheat on his 9 month pregant wife with a student trainer violating school policy. Not saying that he canā€™t be a great guy despite that, butā€¦

7 Likes

He didnā€™t say he was perfect, just a great guy. What he did was between him and his wife; they have overcome this and that is all that counts. Itā€™s none of our business. A great man once said, ā€œYou without sin, cast the first stone.ā€

2 Likes

Any ā€œmanā€ in my family who is ******* around on his pregnant wife gets his arse pinned to the wall at most any family gathering. We donā€™t throw stones.

Meanwhile, Jacksonville State kick returner has entered the transfer portal.

3 Likes

How soon should he go ? ? ? ? ?

5 Likes

Are you casting the stone?

1 Like

So Iā€™m the bad guy for providing a counterpoint? I assume no one will say Briles or Herman or [insert coach name here] is not a great guy because weā€™re all sinners.

7 Likes

Applewhite was a cheater. With a student trainer.

But it was Hermanā€™s fault he lost. Because he was a great guy. Except for that cheating on your wife with a college student that worked for him thing.

1 Like

ā€¦ while your wife is at home pregnant with your child. Weā€™re all sinners, but some are also douchebags.

4 Likes

Geez. This is about giving the guy a second chance. For the record, I detest adultery, and consider it to be immoral, dishonest and as crappy as it getsā€¦

And btw, we gave Major his opportunity with full knowledge of his past transgressions.

1 Like

To be clear, I never said he was a bad guy. Thereā€™s a wide range between great guy and bad guy. But to offset cheating on your pregnant wife, youā€™d need to be off the charts amazing to be a great guy. Maybe he is. I donā€™t know him. He could be a good guy, just not great, still not bad.

3 Likes

Itā€™s time we leave lost baggage behind, whether it was good baggage or bad baggage itā€™s gone. Letā€™s concentrate on what is in front of us. We have so much more to give and to do with our new circumstances. Letā€™s work on recruiting, coaches etc. thatā€™s the present. Currently, Iā€™m not complaining, we are ranked and it was unexpected, so kudos to CDH. But sports is all about ā€œwhat have you done for me nowā€. If we paid him a paltry sum, we would praise him to the heavens, with what we are paying we are always looking at results. Cā€™est la vie.

Please donā€™t count me in the ā€œweā€ comment.

He was a bad hire from the get go and it had nothing to do with his personal life !!

4 Likes