Clearly, this is all Applewhite's fault/Jacksonville State HC Candidate

I dont get in the business of judging peoples personal lives smh…

3 Likes

I’m good with that, but when someone posts that Applewhite is a “great guy” that seems to go beyond the coaching realm and into the personal realm. Isn’t “great guy” judging someone’s personal life, albeit in a positive way?

5 Likes

He was Opie gone pubescent. “Nip it in the bud.”

we were on the team plane coming home after the TT loss and he came up the aisle and apologized for the way he coached the game. Herman would have never done that , I believe.

That’s because he would not have had too….I hate Herman as much as the next guy but he went into NRG and beat #3 OU’s a$$ the opening game of the year….During his two years the team was probably ranked more than 1/2 the time….now he should apologize ten times over for being a slimeball.

1 Like

Same here.

For a bit of perspective… We fired the guy. He wasn’t bad to us and he certainly doesn’t owe us anything.

Maybe he was bad at his job, but why make it personal?

I don’t remember that. Where was that reported? And how did he end up the University of South Alabama OC if he was getting FBS HC job offers?

2 Likes

Another unsubstantiated rumor? Please say it isnt so.

Just go to csnbbs where several UH posters say things that simply are not true. They mainly go there to post their stuff because they would get slaughtered on here.

There is a thread called Holgorsens contract. Hilarious what our “fans” post. Here is an example:
“if he left today, i don’t think there would be much uproar or care… our fanbase is still hesitant about him. If it was big-time hire most would even celebrate it”

That poster is speaking for our fanbase when he posts something like that? Weak. I say speak for yourself, not the UH fanbase.

1 Like

See people make mistakes…I’ve made a good amount if them in my life. We all do and not all of them will be the same in nature.

Now dont get me wrong if someone is a hypocrite then criticism of them is completely valid.

I know you hate the guy, but all you gotta do is some research. Plus the UTSA and Texas State folks have also talked about itm

A little context, he was approached about the Texas State job after his first year as OC here, the peach bowl year. Never offered. I don’t remember the UTSA job being offered, when did that supposedly happen? I have not seen his name for HC after we got rid of him, would love to see any reporting on that

You’re going to put it on me to prove what you said?

Major didn’t turn down bona fide offers, but they reportedly expressed interest and he declined to interview for them.

Oh, we are talking about things that happened before he was HC here? Not sure how that matters for today.

Ok sorry

Proves those schools AD’s were smarter than ours !

Yeah, and he went to Navy and lost big, and went to SMU and let a far inferior team kick our butts, and he went to Memphis and let them beat us as his eye was twitching and he was planning his departure the next day. Herman was, and is, a tinhorn.

You are correct, do not dispute that but I hope you are not seriously trying to compare who had more success at UH……

And pretty sure I said he was a slimeball…. What point are you trying to prove exactly?

No, I can count. But, let’s wait around and see who ends up with more success at UH. LTH inherited a full cupboard with a great QB, WR’s, and a bunch of NFL players on defense. CDH inherited an empty cupboard and remnants of a team that had just lost to Army 70-14.

3 Likes

Dont forget the mass redshirt move.

1 Like