Clearly, this is all Applewhite's fault/Jacksonville State HC Candidate

When the hell did we start comparing to CDH?
I was making a comparison to on field coaching compared to Applewhite.

I’m not quite sure what you are even debating.

And “ lost big”? A 6 point road loss to a 9 win Navy team is a big loss?.

I already said I did not care for Herman and loved it when UT canned him.

I wasn’t debating, I just pointed out the crap LTH did and you asked a question and then I answered. You may have been talking about CMA when you said, “I hope you are not seriously trying to compare who had more success at UH,” and I thought you were talking about CDH for some reason.

1 Like

Y’all, seriously, crapping on past coaches is fine and all but…

I applied to UH/saw the process during Herman’s era. He left to coach at a place that is coveted to coach at. Coaching at a blueblood is big for anyone and I doubt someone is going to reject that job unless they get a huge, huge raise. He got canned last year and didn’t deserve it. Made it more reasons to hate UT lmao. I went there for four months and had a ‘grass is greener’ thought on it, mainly for McCombs/Networking in tech. It was bologna. But McCombs grad? Yeah, anyone would have taken that.

Seeing Applewhite having to take over that, have a decent year, then the next year, know he was getting canned by Army (since the search process started months beforehand), Briles was leaving, D’onofrio was horrible, etc. We were doing with what we can. We gave Briles that second chance, No 'D that second chance, and Applewhite his second chance. It ended horribly, but we can’t stomp on them for dealing with all of the crap that Herman left behind. Only talking on a coaching scale, not moral stuff, although UH did give them moral second chances too.

Now we have Dana. Dana is doing well in his third year, and our players are turning it around. We’ll see what happens year 4, and year 5. By the end of that, we will know. Year 5 is our first B12 year. Expect that to be weird and Dana to get a sixth year.

Nobody blames him for leaving…. It’s the lies and “douchebagedness” way that he split…. And that is not forgiven.

4 Likes

I think most demands of what coaches interviewing for one job while having another ought to have done are pretty unrealistic.

Though I believe Herman leveraged LSU’s interest to move up that offer from Texas and let it all play out during our season, which is a little bit Next Level. I have issues with Sumlin and that blown game. To some extent, though, asking them if they’re staying or going under these circumstances is asking to be lied to. All the admiration in the world for the rare coaches who have been able to pull it off with their honor and dignity in tact.