Coach Cal to Arkansas!

Man he just quit before he got fired.

Also, keep in mind that unlike Kentucky, Arkansas does have several very wealthy sugar daddies and mommies that can fund NIL. I will give you a hint:

1 Like

Probably had one more year at Kentucky i thought he was going to retire and go into tv like Jay Wright and Nick Saban on football.

Same here. This tells me two things: first that Arkansas threw a bunch of money at him and promised him a large NIL budget which Kentucky simply cannot do; and that Kentucky did not care if he left.

2 Likes

NIL Budget wasnt as high in Kentucky is how i see it. Arkansas about to go A&M football spending.

1 Like

:100: and it was a constant complaint by Coach Cal.

Kentucky is probably the bluest of the blue bloods.
I will guarantee you NIL for hoops is no problem

6 Likes

Yeah they have blue all over their uniforms and sports apparel.

Not Walmart, although it’s likely they are contributing to the pot. John Tyson, heir to Tyson Foods, is the primary benefactor for what’s going on at Arkansas. He also has a personal relationship with Calipari.

1 Like

Turnabout is fair play. Sutton went from Arkansas to Kentucky

Ironically, Sutton had a better run at Okla St after leaving Kentucky.

2 Likes

Agreed on those two things but it tells me one additional thing and that’s that Cal still wants to Coach. He might find a 2nd wind out of spite and become a top level coach again. If he’s motivated I wouldn’t put it past him.

I think this move is hilarious.

Cal’s career is pock-marked with scandal. He’s not actually a good coach/teacher by any stretch. UK recruits on its brand alone. What does he actually have to do to get kids to Kentucky? He can’t live up to UK’s expectations, especially now that other schools can use NIL to pay players. So, he bounces to a school that’s just happy to have him. He won’t win a natty at Arky. Those idiots just broke the bank for a guy who’s trying to skate to retirement.

The only idiots bigger than Arky are the UK dumbasses who gave that turd a “lifetime” contract.

6 Likes

Again this is not true. People seem to assume that because Kentucky has won some nattys that they are flush with super wealthy alum. They are not. Cal has repeatedly complained about lack of NIL.

I guarantee this is the main reason he is leaving.

Arkansas has a good enough brand/NIL to pull in the #2 class two years ago so I wouldn’t count on his recruiting to slow down anytime soon.

Chris Mills to the rescue!! :joy: :rofl:

Tyson, Wal-Mart, and JB Hunt could make the NW Arkansas Hogs extremely dangerous in the NIL era.

1 Like

LOL
I know you can do better than that

yep, they get all of them five star players because it is a dud program. Cal couldn’t win with all that talent his time there had run its course
it will be interesting to see who the next coach is

1 Like

2 Likes

“WANT HIM BUT WON’T GET HIM
Houston’s Kelvin Sampson has the job he wants at this stage in his life and his son is his heir apparent.”