Coach Hughey

And We lose by 3 to UT Arlington in the FC. 12-25 from FT line. Game ended with us letting UTA dribble out last 3.5 seconds. Nobody fouled. Just bad basketball.

3 Likes

It’s immensely disappointing for the AD to let the program reach these lows by not firing the HC last year.

Final minutes of Coach Hughey’s postgame media session after the loss to UTA:
“I don’t ever remember a year where we shot the ball this bad…Again, we’re getting wide open looks and not making them.”

“We just gotta be on the same page and play together.”

“You still have to have fun when you play this game.”

1 Like

His recruiting has taken a dip, too! The area is full of big time talent.

1 Like

But the poster says we’re the second best team on paper. Don’t you guys wanna be the poster runners up?

Another loss. This one to future conference mate K State.

We led 12-1 and then were outscored 72-47

The team is pretty dang bad. It won’t get any easier next year. Hard to believe they were picked 2nd in the AAC. I don’t see it one bit. Embarrassingly bad.

2 Likes

That’s because there is no coaching. Fire the dud please!

2 Likes

Clip from episode 74 of Folks Talkin’ Sports.
Willy Gibson, Andy Yanez, James Mueller and I discuss UH women’s basketball and Rice women’s basketball.
The Houston Roundball Review shared a post on Instagram: "Clip from episode 74 of Folks Talkin

1 Like

Postgame comments from Ronald Hughey, Head Coach of Houston Cougars women’s basketball, and guard Laila Blair after Houston’s 67-43 victory over UMBC.

Do we have women’s basketball?

2 Likes

No buzz at all papi.

1 Like

You just think football is going to be bad going into the Big12. Woman’s hoops is an embarrassment and has been for awhile.
Thought we were turning things around with a new assistant and having been picked second preseason in conference

1 Like

We beat a trifecta school though. UMBC has State, City, and County in its name!

2 Likes

Lost to Rice. 2-8.

1 Like

Time for a new coach.

1 Like

Fire him please…This is embarrassing.

1 Like

Lost to Tennessee. Wait, no Tennessee State. No, not the HBCU but the Middle one in Murfreesboro.

61-68 loss to Middle Tennessee State.

Heading into the 4th quarter we trailed by 20.

2 Likes

How was this team picked second in the AAC? Is the conference that weak?

2 Likes

I knew they were going to lose that game, MTSU has a good program. They might beat UTSA, i wouldn’t count on it, this is beyond embarrassing.
I predicated early on when i saw the schedule and look at their roster, they would lose 10 out of their first 13 games, they are on track to do just that.