Coach Hughey

No consistency at all!

2 Likes

Free throws and foul trouble.

Defense is solid. Lots of steals and forced turnovers.

Sad coming off a win at ranked USF

1 Like

This guy should have been gone last year.

3 Likes

After watching the first five innings of tonight’s baseball debacle, I firmly believe no one cares about women’s hoops or baseball at UH…

5 Likes

I will never understand how Hughey cannot recruit some of the area stars to UH…he has the same facilities as Sampson and he might have an actual fanbase if we were nationally relevant…

2 Likes

Laila Blair is a houston product and a pretty dang good one.

The big 12 will make a huge difference.

We should take the same philosophy with him as we do with the football coach. Keep them for now for stability and reevaluate in year two/three in big 12.

What a choke job by the Lady Coogs…terrible play and coaching.

3 Likes

10 point lead with 7 minutes left and 5 point lead with 50 seconds left in first OT.

1 Like

Painful.

This guy has no common sense……maybe he runs some good drills in practice, maybe the players like him……but his in game coaching is seriously lacking.

3 Likes

Pollardvision

Watching this team play, you are on point, great observation…

1 Like

Thank you, appreciate it.

I would love to be saying the exact opposite about the team/program……hopefully this time next year we have started down the road to get the program back where it belongs….

1 Like

Decent shot of beating SMU on Tuesday at 2:00. Then we would face USF but we beat them.

This is the best chance for Coach Hughey’s team to win AAC Conference Tournament. UConn was in AAC through 2019. Last year UH had to play in the first round. This yr we qualified for quarterfinals.
Maybe I am drinking the kool-Aid and joining the polly train but I think UH has as good a chance has any team. UH gets SMU in the quarters, a solid team but Coogs did beat them this year.
If UH wins we will probably play S.Florida. The Bulls won the Conference. They probably have the best starting team but they don’t have much depth. If Wichita St stays close against them in the quarters, this may force them to use their best players Tsineke, Fankam, and Pusis 35+ minutes.
They may be very tired playing in the semi’s playing 2 games in 2 days. Of course UH already beat them this yr. If we make it to the finals, regardless of our opponent , we will not be the underdog.

An interesting fact about this yr’s team. All UH loses have been close. With the exception of losing to Kansas St 59-73(away). Our loses have been by 7 pts or less.
Last yr UH lost to Steph F. Austin 52-73, S.Florida 35 -55, and S.Florida 38-71 (18-49 at half).
I believe strongly we have as good chance has any of our opponents.

1 Like

UH women stomped SMU and USF got upset by Wichita.

Best chance!

1 Like

Houston was able to beat SMU because the Cougars ability to force T.O.'s, hit 3’s(SMU had 0), balance offense and surprisingly out rebound the Ponies. SMU did miss some open shots.
Wichita St upset S.Florida. Pusis the Bulls leading scorer and shooting guard only had 2 pts! Their lack of depth hurt them.
Theoretically UH should win the semi’s. Wichita St starters may be exhausted.
Asinde had foul trouble 1rst game but played 36 minutes the 2nd. Colbert 33 and 30 min’s, McCarthy 35 and 31 min’s and Duncan 40 and 38 minutes. If UH plays smart and plays their tough pressing game the Shockers should be very tired by the end of the 3rd Quarter. The last half of the season UH has been able force at least 20 T.O.'s(except once they forced 19) for every game.
There is a big difference between playing 2 games in a row and 3 games in 3 days!
If Houston wins … regardless of who they face in the finals I do not regard them of being the underdog.

If anyone could put the tournament games on YouTube it would be most appreciated.

Coogs make it to the finals with an 8 point win over WSU. Young off the bench for a game high 26 and Blair with 19.
First time to ever make conference finals

4 Likes