Coach Hughey

I can’t use any more emotional resources on Hughey. All my anger needs to be on Belk right now.

4 Likes

And now UH is 3-0 in conference after blowing out UCF. Hmm.

We are doing what we hate the men’s teams in this conference for! Tank horrible in OOC and then upset everyone in conference.

AAC appears very weak. Not sure but USF is probably the favorite.
Only other decent teams are probably SMU and next opponent Tulsa.
Not impressed by 3-0 start but glad for the women.
I shutter to think about next year in the Big 12

2 Likes

Looks like they are playing better. I have not seen them play this year. But their defense has been playing okay(judging by stats). Their offense has been struggling. With K Jones and Patterson playing better of late… that gives UH a more balanced offense. They still have a chance with 3-1 start to contend for conference title and win tournament.
\

1 Like

I will say this, the Cougars played their hearts out last night but lost a 58-56 heartbreaker to South Florida, the best team in the AAC.

The Coogs trailed 56-46 with 1:51 left in the 4th quarter before scoring 8 consecutive points. Houston had 2 chances to win the game in the final 3 seconds but both 3-pointers missed the mark.

Houston is now 6-12 overall and 3-2 in the American Athletic Conference.

South Florida is 17-4, 6-0.

1 Like

It’s time

2 Likes

It looks like UH is moving on up to a higher level. They blew out last place Cinn and Tulane(a team which has not been smoked all year). The press is giving their opponents alot of problems last few games. See what they can do against Memphis. UH is tied for 2nd place.
Does anyone know why Young( a sub who is the 2nd leading scorer) did not play against Tulane today?
Since the game was on tv(ESPNU) if anyone could put it on youtube it would be most appreciated.
Thank you

illness…

https://twitter.com/TheHRReview/status/1620061806063661062?s=20

Houston trounces Tulane, 82-36 (thehrr.com)

The question remains. Is Coach Hughey the coach to take our women’s basketball program into the B12?

Nope

1 Like

You let someone hang around long enough they’ll figure it out and put you in a weird bind

If he has a winning season and earns a ncaa bid you can’t fire him cause you’ll hear about it

If he has a good season but no ncaa bid but gets another postseason bid and does well - can’t do it cause you’ll hear about it

You can him despite a winning season you’ll hear about it cause now folks will say the foundation is there

Basically your stuck

I finally posted the entire postgame comments from Coach Hughey and Kamryn Jones after the 82-36 win over Tulane.

1 Like

Consider buyout cost and options. The team is better than their record. They’d be bottom tier in the Big 12 but we would also recruit better. Are we graduating players? I’d need to put all the money into football and mens hoops.

We may not win a conference game our first five years in the b12

3 Likes

Postgame comments from Ronald Hughey, Houston Cougars women’s basketball Head Coach, and Laila Blair, Houston junior guard after Houston’s 65-60 come-from-behind home win over the Temple Owls Saturday afternoon.

Laila scored a game-high 25 points.

Temple led by as much as 14 points in the game.

1 Like

#RonaldHughey #GoCoogs #ncaaWBB

“A game we felt like we should have won; but, again, we didn’t take care of business down the stretch to do that.”

Postgame comments from Ronald Hughey, Houston Cougars women’s basketball head coach, after Houston’s 45-44 home loss to the Memphis Tigers.

Houston led 26-14 at halftime.

Memphis outscored Houston 19-12 in the 4th quarter.

Tale of two halves:

In the first half, Houston oustcored Memphis 18-8 in the paint and 10-2 in second chance points.

In the second half, Houston was outscored 12-2 in the paint and 11-2 in second-chance points.

Memphis and Houston are both 7-4 in the American Athletic Conference.