Coach Prime building something at Jackson State

Love Prime as long as he isn’t taking away recruits from us lol

1 Like

Maybe we could schedule JSU? It would get more attention than TSU or Prairie View

3 Likes

Be careful what you wish for.

3 Likes

No fear here. I would rather have a decent team coming and a big crowd than the other.
Not sure how well Jackson travels but I bet it is as good or better than our neighbors.

1 Like

I like the idea, you never know.

So? It’s long way from there to 40’s or 30’s. It’ll never happen.

Are you sure? Is it still true that if you are transferring from FCS to FBS you don’t have to sit out, even if you have transferred before?

His average recruit ranking is close to ASU’s. He has one five star, one four star and the bulk threes with a few twos for good measure. Need to win the SWAC next year.

Prime is on record saying he wants to be a P5 coach. It will happen in a year or two and when it does these big time recruits will just transfer with him.

2 Likes

Between this year and last year, Sanders has recruited one 5 star and six 4 stars out of high school. He has a slew of 3 star transfers with a few of them being 4 stars in high school.

He did win the SWAC this year but not the Celebration bowl. Let’s see if he can win it all next year.

No, no… I’m not sure… :grin:

I just think those type of recruits plan on having stability throughout their college careers… Careers meant to prepare them for the NFL.

I can see that… I guess we’ll see.

Southern is the best draw - Jackson draws from Baton Rouge on East to Memphis

JSU has never done well in Houston but we’ve seen SU sell out Robertson Stadium

Now JSU is coming to TSU this fall so that’ll be a test

1 Like

I assume SU is Southern University. They did not sell out Robertson.

2 Likes

If that’s a recent quote, then that’s probably what will happen. I’ve read he has
a net worth of about $40 million, so while that’s a lot of money to me, I could see
him taking a lucrative big paying P5 offer if/when it comes up. OTOH he is probably
wealthy enough to stay at Jackson and build up an HBCU if he wants to create a unique
legacy for himself. While I hope the later scenario happens, it’s more likely the P5
coaching gig . Money usually wins out.

1 Like

When did Southrtn ever sell out Robertson Stadium? They brought a few fans and a big band from what I can remember.
The most visitors I remember were from Texas and Tech,

Deion Sanders’s personality rubs some people the wrong way but fundamentally Deion is proving that his intellect is way above these naysayers. He has got a great coaching future ahead of him. His “old” position helped him a great deal to decide if he wanted to coach or not. Give him a few years and he will be at a top program.

Old Robertson Stadium I meant - they had 30k in there against TSU in 2003 -

He did emotionally quit in the SCST game, you could see it. I dont blame him, he was way out coached, and has two boys on the team, had to be a lot going on in his head.

That other coach for SCST is legit

This.

I think he has said that it is important to build the HBCUs up. If he were to just jump to another school for a bigger paycheck and to earn himself a national title. that makes him hypocritical to what he was preaching. I respect the idea of building that group of universities up.

He may move one day, but the TCU thing would have been a disaster knowing the schools demographics. It would show he was only in it for money, not a bigger purpose. I don’t think he is in it just for money. I think he has good intentions.

I do question if he is out-talenting the opposition or out-coaching. Still to be determined. He will not out-talent the opposition if he moves to a P5 school.

3 Likes