Coach Prime Spring Game

Same reason the present campus location is in 3rd ward instead of near Memorial Park the original suggested location way back when

Just imagine the difference in perceptions alone

2 Likes

Or even downtown like UT-Austin

Land was donated was it not, Land nobody wanted or thought would be worth anything one day

I think ppl miss a critical point, there were always CU fans to show up. Even when they were down, their attendance was better than us, so, please letā€™s not compare them with us. Coach Prime would have have got us maybe 30k fans as opposed to 18k now, thatā€™s it. Letā€™s be happy with Dana and letā€™s win some games. If we win enuf, we can get up to 28k.

1 Like

That statement is very very sad commentary on the state of our program under CDH.

2 Likes

While I get the Prime love and yes, it would have been a great hire, it was not realistic. We were coming off 12-2 season into a disappointing 8-5 followup year, but still a winning season. Right or wrong we have a large buyout and were not looking for a coach. He was down to USF, Cincinnati, and Colorado. All replacing coaches and he chose Colorado. If we had fired DH we would have had to go all in on Prime and got into a bidding war and there was never any indication he would have had interest in Houston. Again he was going to the biggest profile school to offer him. Then we would have had to have had a plan B and maybe that is JT at UTSA, but who knows at that point. It would have been nice but just not a realistic option for us at that time. We didnā€™t miss an opportunity we had to make a realistic decision based on where we were at.

3 Likes

LMAO, this statement is insane

3 Likes

It was still a risk. Itā€™s a no brainer in hindsight.

CU had fired its coach and was horrible. It was desperate. Seized the opportunity and took the risk. What was its downside? TCU had a chance to hire Prime instead of Sonny. Apparently interviewed himā€¦

1 Like

Wait what?! UH could have been near Memorial Park?!

I did NOT know this. Wow.

2 Likes

It was posted here or another site, Tillman and Prime couldā€™ve never coexisted. Too many egos.

1 Like

The truth - either you let him be him and accept it or donā€™t fool with him - itā€™s about prime and prime only

But he will be at prairie view on June 1 for a camp

1 Like

I was definitely one on the Prime Train. Fact is, nobody at UH would have the guts to make this hire. CU will reap the benefits. It looks like they already are.

1 Like

lots of talk about what UHā€™s record will be next year on this site. what do yaā€™ll think Coloradoā€™s record will be next year? Iā€™ll say 5-7 with Prime

Depends on their schedule. I really have no clue what it is but Iā€™m willing to bet he goes .500 or slightly less. After that though i think heā€™ll improve and definitely have them contending by year 5.

Do we even know if Prime had interest or even would have come to Houston? Some on here act like it was a forgone conclusion he would have come here, why just cause we are P5 now?

Yesā€¦he has Texas roots, UH is in a better recruiting area, bigger market for NIL deals and Houston is a way better job than the decades long horrible Colorado, from a football standpoint. UH is also in the more stable P5 conference.

Our leaders would have had to close the deal but yes, it would have have been the better option.

This is the ironic part, our leaders appeared to have sent out feelers to the UTSA coach so they were considering a change.

Shame on them if they didnā€™t at least reach out to Primeā€™s agent.

1 Like

Tough schedule for Prime. 1st 4 games will tell the story.

TCU
Nebraska (Matt Rhule wants this one)
Co St.
Oregon

Iā€™ll add that with TCU being a common opponent, it will be interesting to contrast how the 1st year coach fairs versus a 5 year coach.

1 Like

5-7 would be a great improvement versus where that program has been.

2 Likes

With all the expertise on this board, Iā€™m baffled, baffled I tell you, that Renu, Tillman, Pez, Dana and Kelvin just donā€™t log in here to see how to call plays, recruit, formulate game plans, rosters & depth charts, market, hire coaches, schedule, raise money, increase graduation rates, eliminate crime on campus and run this university.

Whatā€™s wrong with them?

8 Likes

Johnny I donā€™t want to overplay my hand on this. Wise leadership does listen to their constituents. Iā€™m not saying they need to adopt any ideas from here. But it makes good sense to listen to those who support you. Former Chancellor former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates of A&M admitted he went to their board and read some of the post. Also he responded to some under his alias.

1 Like