Coach Prime Spring Game

I’m not going to tell Dana how to do his job. Just going to tell him to be better at doing his job.

He can figure out the how. That’s what he is paid to do.

And anyone that is complaining about Kelvin should not be taken serious.

7 Likes

prior, your opinion wasn’t part of weak sarcasm. We goof :sunglasses:

1 Like

Haha. All good, Johnny.

Dana has forgotten more football than a lot us will ever know.

So, would be pointless for me to be armchair QB with him.

Just hope he figures it out. And we will all be happy.

Pleased with the offseason so far. Brought in some difference makers.

2 Likes

People give coaches way too much credit for their supposed knowledge Mike Leach was a licensed Attorney who became a professional football coach after realizing lawyering wasn’t his thing. One of the most innovative minds in FB offensive history.

1 Like

First explain to me how the buyout could have happened?
Second, explain to me why Prime would have picked us over Colorado, which has a much larger fan base and probably has much more NIL money.
The Buffs have won a national championship so they have been there before.
And oh yeah, he will not have to go dorm to dorm to beg our students to come to games after our first loss…

2 Likes

So are you saying anyone can do what Leach did?

He was one of the greatest offensive minds football has ever seen.

Hell, I would never come close to Dana Holgorsen. This guys are the best of the best. Dana has just got to be a little better.

I can quit my job tomorrow and try the same thing. I would never come close to Mike Leach. 99% of the population will never come close.

1 Like

You can if you so desire. Not saying you be the next Mike Leach. Mike Leach wasn’t Mike Leach until he got on that FB trek

I’m a Prime skeptic. Dude was recruiting circles around the SWAC and never managed to win the Celebration Bowl; he’s not gonna have that kind of talent advantage in the Pac. The opposition is going to be better-coached, and the talent gap is going to be narrower, if it favors CU at all.

I think there is also a question as to whether he’ll stay at CU for very long, or would have at UH. I’m generally of the opinion that your coach getting poached is a good problem to have and that you cross that bridge when you get to it, but I think it’s more of a problem in the transfer portal era when a coach takes “his guys” with him. Deion already took some of the top JSU players with him to CU; how much of CU’s roster is he bringing to his next stop?

5 Likes

For some posters on this board, the amount of offensive acumen boils down to “block the man in front of you”.

We need this board to vent our frustration and show our football acumen.

They did a crowd comparison from last year’s CU spring game to this year. The Coach Prime effect is real.

2 Likes

Drexler’s effect on UH basketball attendance was real his first season

13 Likes

Did Leach ever win a football championship? Dana’s well on his way to duplicating that record.

2 Likes

Did a great job of marketing himself and his programs tho

That aspect didn’t rub off on Dana at all

2 Likes

Dana beat Texas. That’s should be good enough for now. He coached Keenum up too. Im riding with that for now.

4 Likes

I wonder if Coach Prime will ever get tired of yelling at the team? Or get tired of trying to motivate the team? Or telling fans to STFU? Or not being able to coach this s**t?

4 Likes

If he is 5-7 in year one after wiping the table clean on arrival … CU will be a force to be reconned with in the B12.

To be fair to Prime, he needs at least two years to be fairly evaluated,

You got give Prime at least 5 years unless his first 3 are utter catastrophe’s

1 Like

My faith in literally anything < This board’s faith in Deion

3 Likes

Houston needs a head coach that generates excitement with recruits and with the fans.

6 Likes