Coaches got to GO!

No excuse for this loss…our SEASON is ruined!!!

6 Likes

Ruined? No. We can still win division and conference.

However, I cannot stand a team that not prepared to play. In SEVERAL games this year, this team was not prepared. I will admit, they have been successful at making halftime adjustments.

Tonight, the defense was… the defense. Poor tackling technique, poor coverage, giving up big plays. We can and should do better. Tom Herman didn’t recruit fro the secondary and we’re paying for it. But we should expect better.

Offense? Kendall refused to adapt. And we paid for it.

5 Likes

Uhhh my ole polly train friend …

Our season was RUINED many weeks ago … traveling on tires with air leaking through the treads!!!

You can’t play NO DEFENSE the first half and then suddenly come alive the second without it NOT EVENTUALLY coming to bite you on your patootie …

Most of us have been CONSTANTLY complaining about this ('cause no one like Debbie Downers) … to no avail … just too many pollyannas around believing our luck or those leaking tires will get us to that NY6 bowl …

9 Likes

Good take.

4 Likes

Bad take.

4 Likes

The board thanks you for not using the word “patootie” in any and all meltdown posts.

6 Likes

Tad bit over dramatic. Team has a great deal to accomplish yet this year and believe it or not they still have a path to what Is likely THEIR first two goals (west division champ and conference champ). Coaches and players both have work to do to make that happen. Our part is to show up and be loud next Saturday. Even if it is an 11 AM kickoff.

Good luck to ever get a decent coach at UH again if you fire a coach whose teams is 8-2.

4 Likes

Nebraska fired a coach for going 9-3…just saying.

The season is not ruined. However, it’s pretty clear to me some changes need to be made on the defensive side. I don’t see how the DC is back next year. After a season and a half, I’m still not sure what he’s trying to accomplish or what his philosophy is. See ya Nofrio because there’s no D in it!

5 Likes

Some of us just like to think positive rather than look for the cloud in every silver lining old friend. We recognized the fact that we had a 7-1 record only beating one team with a winning record. But, it’s more fun to celebrate the wins than fret over possible future losses or things we have no control over. It makes for a happier life, IMHO.

4 Likes

And they’ve been trash ever since

3 Likes

Based on the DC’s body of work over close to 2 years, he doesn’t deserve to be here next year.

9 Likes

A person is suppose to learn from their mistakes. Unfortunately while I think Kendall might, coach D has not learned in a decade and will likely try to run the same defense against two very good running teams. Without Ed in the middle and all of the starters we have out, we are going to have to outscore all the teams we play because they are are all going to run for over 250 yards per game.

5 Likes

Spot on Mike.

1 Like

You need a better example. Scott Frost and company are flat out terrible.

Two things , Frost is and will turn it around , and when we lost Davis at Tech , my first thought was this is not going to be good … he was a no fun league type player … would have beat tech with him in game …

I hate to say it, but if we get an 11 A.M. kick on Saturday, we may be looking at a <25k crowd after the showing in Dallas.

Certainly possible. It would be consistent with our culture. It illustrates just how far we have to go as a program. Damn unfortunate though.

1 Like

He doesn’t deserve to be here next week

6 Likes