Concerts

They died to me in the late 90s or early 2000s. Not a political statement, most music died then for me. :joy:

I love some 90s Green Day though!

They turned punk into pop and a lot of people hate them for it!

Saw Queen at Sam Houston Coluseum. I went for the warm up band, Thin Lizzy. Queen was very theatrical just never got into them much

1 Like

Interesting, I was there as well. Queen was theatrical, eclectic, rock opera stylists, but over a period of time I learn to appreciate their music. Now their music is played at NBA games and television commercials as a testimony of their talent and uniqueness.

Has anyone seen The Killers in concert? I’m debating whether to attend the March concert at Toyota Center.

3 Likes

I have never even heard one of their songs, I don’t think

If you have iTunes Store on your iPhone, then you can play snippets of any song by any artist.

Really nice show. It started at 9 so didn’t get home till after midnight. Area around the venue was well lit, parking was easy. The revolving stage was pretty cool. I’d go again to that venue.

Used to be hooker central right behind it on Bissonet.

See a show and keep humming after

I don’t doubt it. On the approach from the SW Freeway, the surrounding area was well lit and relatively clean looking. Maybe the city has done work to spruce up the vicinity. Of course who know what’s up when you get away from the freeway…

St. Agnes athletic fields are right behind it. I’d say it’s pretty safe.

I saw Yes twice. Absolutely amazing shows. The last time I saw them was in the Woodlands the day before I saw Rush. They played for 3 amazing hours. Jon Anderson was still singing for them back then.

Yeah I wish I would had seen Yes with Jon singing. The singer now is a really good vocalist.

1 Like

Dang, I figured you for a Sinatra kinda guy :joy:

I get it. Back in 78 in Germany I saw Finch and Van Halen open for Black Sabbath. VH was great, but I guess I didn’t really appreciate them.

Queen is another great band that doesn’t move my meter. The Sam was a funky joint. Miss it.

1 Like

The first Yes I ever saw was in the late 80’s—-Big Generator……my go to for lifting……not sure why but it pumped me up.

1 Like

1st time I saw Yes was around '79 at the Sam Houston Coliseum. This is when they had the revolving stage that was positioned on the middle of the floor. I had 2nd row and it was incredible.

1 Like

That was actually the first time I saw them too. I thought it was hilarious that their opening act was Bugs Bunny cartoons. LOL

1 Like

Saw Yes at Hofheinz Pavilion in 1973. Poco was the backup group.