Concerts

Saw Poco ages ago. Incredible show.

1 Like

I am too young to have seen Led Zeppelin in person. I was only 7 years old the last time Zep came to Houston in May of 1977. I saw Page and Plant in 1995 when they played with the symphony and the Egyptian band. However, the 1998 Walking into Clarksdale tour was a different beast. I was able to see them twice on that tour, once in Chicago (2nd of 2 nights) and once in Houston. It felt like I was transported back to 1973. It was just simply amazing.

2 Likes

Attended the Springsteen/E Street Band concert at the Toyota Center last night. Outstanding performance. Packed arena. Group consisted of 16-18 member band/singers. They played.20 songs non-stop, then another 8 songs for the encore. Probably will be the last time I’ll see The Boss and he didn’t disappoint.

Next up: ZZTop/LynyrdSkynyrd; Santana

Also considering: Blink-182: Red Hot Chili Peppers; Nickelback

I was 17 and attended the ‘77 Zep concert. I remember we had to spend the night in the parking lot of a music store to get tickets.

“Bob,” I also saw Sabbath in ‘78 with Van Halen opening. I remember Ozzy had a cold or something and sounded terrible. The Sabs were kind of worn out at that point before Dio joined and reinvigorated them.

3 Likes

I got tickets to see The Tedeschi Trucks Band at Smart Financial Center in May. I’m beyond stoked. I truly believe they are the cure for high blood pressure. Their music will soothe your soul.

1 Like

Also considering “Nickelback”

“Blink-182”

2 Likes

Also Def Leppard and Motley Crue. :grinning:

Saw nickelback in Colorado Springs about 5 years ago…great show beautiful place

1 Like

You must have got autocorrected.

I assume you meant to type, “smoked nickel bag in Colorado Springs. Great $hit, beautiful place.” What you actually typed didn’t make any sense…:joy:

5 Likes

Kansas at Smart Financial in October. Looking forward to it.

This one doesn’t make sense to me. But ohh well.

Edit: then again, I don’t smoke nothing… so clueless.

Lol at nickelback. :laughing:

3 Likes

4 Likes

LOL

If you need me the 1st weekend of May, I’ll be here…

Permission to be jealous granted.

2 Likes

Sounds like great fun. Enjoy.

I saw Green Day in October. It was a great show.

Green Day…one of the best 3 man groups in rock history.

Jealous of anyone who got to see Layne in the early 90s

1 Like

Green Day was at ShakyKnees last year. First show since the pandemic. Pretty damn good too.