Coogs vs Navy

‘Sea men.’

Having an extra week to prepare for Navy is a gift. They may be the toughest opponent left on the schedule and their triple option offense requires re-thinking your defensive techniques and strategy.

2 Likes

Stopping triple option wont be enough this year…Navy is a far better passing team than they usually are. We need to pressure that QB and disrupt the passing game.

Our alltime record is 6-2 vs Navy.

We will make it 7-2 with proper defensive play. Our Offense will score enough to beat them.

I’d be shocked if Navy’s DBs can cover our receivers.

I agree we’ll score points.

The key is to not get burned on QB option keepers the way that we did against Kansas.

I’m guessing Navy won’t have comparable athletes running their option though.

JMO, but I believe the UH defense will slow the Triple Option and the Coog passing attack will wear down the Navy D. Also our running game has been pretty good this season, especially Brandon Campbell. The way to beat Navy is a strong balanced attack.

Hopefully the magnificent comeback over Memphis will instill a higher level of team confidence we haven’t seen prior to the UM game.

2 Likes

Two recommendations:

Middleton Tavern. After you finish the Naval Academy tour, The Tavern is right outside right on the water. George Washington ate there.

Cantler’s Crab House: Across the river from the Academy but many goat paths to get there. Ask for Jeff, the owner. He and I had a great time in the past. Food is tremendous. Never sat in the restaurant, only at the bar, way more fun with the locals. Cantler’s is a top 10 crab housr in Maryland

2 Likes

We need to get the lead and make them pass its the basic rule in playing against any triple option team.

1 Like

We match up well. The key is for the line to handle the FB. If the LBs are free to chase the QB & TB, it will be a long day for Navy.

1 Like

SMU may well show us the way to beat Navy.

Not unless we take care of our assignments. If we do it right we can beat them.