Crowd

We like Pinks although food is mainly pizza. Good beer though. The Den is also a good place to get a beer but dont know much about the food. The best place was The Rooftop but it didnt survive Covid.

1 Like

I liked the roof top as well
.especially before baseball and basketball games. Has anything re-opened there?

It would be cool if Scott street next to the stadium developed into bars and restaurants.

1 Like

I wish they had spent the extra cash and all the complaints we have now they would’ve done in one go. Like restrooms, closed roof, escalators, restaurants and retail spaces underneath the orange garage with patios. Kind of like WC garage and partner with someone to develop the space next to the lofts for clubs and food.

1 Like

I’m a member of UHAA and I can bring three guest in the tailgate with me.

Nope. We asked at Pinks and the guy we talked to said they were interested in taking the place over but nothing so far. We shall see

There were fewer than 20k at the Memphis game. Even in the premium seats, density was less than 50%. Southside corners and northside 3rd deck had people in them, but very few.

1 Like

There were more than 20k. We were an hour early and 2 lots were already full and sold out. Our parking garage only had a few spots left. I’ve never seen that this season. Fans seemed more spread out this game and the upper levels had more than I’ve seen. Attendance was 28,712.

10 Likes

Even Derek said that’s the most fans he had seen all season.

6 Likes

I agree. You could see it in the stands. It was definitely 29k.

1 Like

His Aggie math has underestimated our attendance all year.

3 Likes

It was a fun crowd, plus there were 4 attractive girls sitting in the row right behind me. In addition to the regulars around me, I high-fived quite a number of people I didn’t know during the game

5 Likes

I never really tailgated until this year.

While I love the greek row, that is mainly for students/greek Alums.

Walking into the UHAA Life Member/Alumni tailgates (walked into both), I was able to bring my girlfriend in there with me. Current student. They had no issues with anyone bringing guests, and every other alumni there was happy they could bring a guest in.

Furthermore, I notice a lot of tailgate real estate around the stadium.

Something we can do is block out the use of the Science and Engineering Classroom building on weekends. This is across from the Stadium Garage/Fertitta Center. Use the big auditorium, or smaller ones as such as little ‘theaters’ for UH History or so. Just show games going on, whatever. Place for AC and open forums.

Outside, there are a lot of grassy areas. Offer food/drink/seating.

I don’t know how much walking / driving area is used on the road for UH Entrance 14, which leads to that area right in front of PGH. That can be used for food trucks. Or, we can cut off a piece of parking lot 12F (whichever is next to the Stadium directly) and turn that into a food truck park. Students LOVE food trucks, and I bet the alums/visitors would as well.

Seating is a must.

But yes, driving around campus for the first time to find a parking spot (never lived there but also never cared much for tailgating, just getting to my seat), was insane. Seeing tailgates in spots I would not imagine, that is quite FAR from TDECU, was surprising. If we can find a way to condense the area, bring in some local trucks, increase seating, that would be a goldmine for the tailgating experience in general.

sigh, if only UH really emailed me back about the spirit committee I wanted to form. It was supposed to be UH Students + Alums + Athletics + UHAA + CV3 + other bodies working together to actually improve gameday/marketing experience. They never got back. UHAA never got back. And they wonder why people don’t like the area, when they can do simple things.

Thankfully we are reaching a point where the Coogs of CV3 is gaining a little bit more respect from UH in general. We’re 350 members strong, with 50 joining since the Hofstra game. We’re getting tagged in photos and our items shared. We’re being asked to help out with their missions. Heck, they considered the court flip changed when they saw our petition.

It’s time for UH to really hold an open forum and create a strategic plan with students, alums, and people with input on how to get people coming and market the school.

Bring back what y’all call the glory tailgating of Rob tailgating.

4 Likes

Ditto, this was our best crowd. Personally, this was the first time sitting in the 100 section on the home side. I will be getting my tickets here from now on. Best section for non-students.

1 Like

I will say a big positive:

In terms of the crowd, one of the best yet, especially after the SMU game this season.

SMU was sold out but UH did a great job marketing it to students. Memphis? Not so much.

However, the Coogs of CV3 area was PACKED LIKE SARDINES and we could barely move around. It was amazing.

1 Like

Do you mean that the student section was sold-out?

Including the 44,000 at NRG what was our average attendance this year?

Humor me. Include NRG.

Probably around 30,000 with the Tech game.

Thanks. An improvement over last year at least.

UH should go hard-ass after 30,000 Season Ticket Holders. Whatever it takes. Full price for first two then 1/2 price for additional, etc.

Consistently filling TDECU is a priority

3 Likes

Just as a barometer, under CTH 2 yr tenure, I thk Season tickets were in the 20-22k area. 30k seasn tiks seems a stretch. Don’t quote me as 100% , so I don’t give false info🙃, but that’s a # I seem to remember.