Crowd

Last night we had a 9-1 team playing for spot in the AAC championship and we couldn’t even put 25K in the stands! (I don’t buy the 28K tickets bought number)

That is A PATHETIC FAN BASE!

I’m there every game and it’s embarrassing.

6 Likes

Loved it. Did not leave with the usual headache . . . . .

Real football weather . . . . .

You misspelled “big money donors” and even those folks hard of hearing have been able to hear the sound system, even from a couple of miles away . . . . .

Already guaranteed a spot in the AAC Championship game . . . . .

6 Likes

We were already in the AAC championship game, and Memphis isn’t exactly good this year.

1 Like

The officiating stunk badly contributed a lot to that!

Attendance will get better. We have a lot of big time players returning and should be the favorite to win the AAC so we will have a lot of pre season buzz. This year it was all negative and starting off the season the way we did against Tech didn’t help.

I am guessing we will have 32,000 at our games next year and then the following year in the Big 12 we should be selling out the stadium pretty much every game.

1 Like

CDH brought his own guy from WVU to fill that position. To show you what impact he does to promote anything, I forget his name. :unamused:

1 Like

I’d hate to have seen how bad the traffic would have been like had all the fans stayed to the end….and I left the stadium 20 minutes after the final whistle. Not complaining, just adding perspective.

1 Like

LOL

The past asst AD for communications was David Bassity. He was replaced by Andrew Pate who came from Vandy and prior to that from Sam Houston State. It does not appear CDH “brought him” from anywhere. Is this how rumors get started?

Anyone have any information that Dana is responsible for this hire as was previously posted?

3 Likes

Ryan Dorchester is the person who I was referring to n who spent 14 yrs at WVU. His Title at UH is now Asst AD Football-- Gen Mgr. No one is tryjng to start any rumors. Now u can move on w/ your day Sir.

1 Like

Our pre-game experience is not very welcoming to casual /T-shirt fans.

As I mentioned in a prior comment, I invited my senior father and we could not get into an alumni tailgate because he wasn’t an alumni. All the other tailgates are scattered around several parking lots. There was no where to sit, no where to eat or drink and there was nothing to do before going into the game. I felt terrible because I invited my pop and lucky charm and all we could do was sit on a bench and wait for the gates to open.

They have Pinks, Calhoun. The den, etc on the other side of campus. Not accessible for pre-game.

If I had an opportunity to talk with the powers that be I would pitch that they design a game-day experience with the mindset they design grocery stores.

The moment you walk-in you are set up to buy certain things. In this case, the moment you park you are set up to buy into the program and gameday experience.

- condense tailgating areas

• build more restaurants right next to the Stadium and basketball arena
  • have an OPEN seating area for non-tailgating folks to just sit. This could be sponsored or dedicated to someone.
  • or Food Truck area w/ seating

All of the above could be privately funded by sponsors, businesses, donors.

We want more fans, but when I took my pops, I realized that we have a very exclusive pre-game experience. You are either a student, or have a specific Tailgate. No room for anyone else.

I want to be able to invite friends and family without having to call around to find an exclusive tailgate.

IMO Prior to our first B12 game we MUST fix our Game-day Experiance.

Thoughts and or counterpoints, or anyone know how we can talk to the folks In Charge of stuff like this.

8 Likes

Great ideas! I’m sure that fans would love to purchase TLH, Waffle Bus, etc., outside the stadium before going in. Not everyone has a group to tailgate with, and these are the fans that can fill out stadium.

7 Likes

I certainly dont need your permission to “move on with my day” thank you so much.

“UH has not properly replaced David Bassity.”

Guess I misread that

1 Like

Again move on. :rage:

LOL, you just cant admit you said something that wasn’t true. Fine, I’m not surprised

2 Likes

I stay away from any of your post. I ask you do the same w any of my post. So again, move on!!
I was not Wrong. The man is CDH right hand man for many many daily operations of UH Football.

2 Likes

The question wasn’t who is Danas “right hand man” whatever that is supposed to mean.

The question concerned who replaced David Bassity. You clearly stated this:

That is totally false. Evidently you never knew his name.

Somehow I dont think you can stay away from my posts. No will power is my guess.

3 Likes

We noticed a food truck on the side of the general admission ticket window the last few games. Not sure what they offered. I also remember Taco Cabana and one other food joint next to the fan shop before Covid. Last season I noticed they closed down. Agree, with you on offering more options closer to the stadium.

2 Likes

A few seasons ago there were several food trucks parked on Cullen for each game. I think Tia’s was one of them. Pretty good food.

1 Like

Yup. I drove and got there at 6 pm. Just waited at a bench. Looked for place for a beer or food. Nothing available.

1 Like