Current Bowl Projections - 10/24/22

Really bad signal because there’s zero justification for Bama being ranked ahead of TCU.

Bama has played one team that is currently ranked and is 0-1 while TCU is 2-0 vs current top 25 and has zero losses. Also, we all saw Bama at Texas. Tide trailed until the last seconds.

Not a good omen for the future Big 12.

1 Like

I think it will be okay.

If their thought is that, on a neutral field, Bama would beat TCU, I’m fine with that. Nana’s one loss is to the team they consider the best in the nation.

Like it or not, there will be some bias to fight through for a bit, but it will all shake out. Go out, win, and actually play a good non-conference schedule, and we’ll be fine.

Nana’s sneaky good. :laughing:

1 Like

Dammit, Nana, I’m talking to the guys! Go away!

Yet they ignore the fact that Clemson has gotten behind in some games …

1 Like

I think more TCU fans are frustrated by Clemson being 3 spots higher even though TCU is better than Clemson in almost all metrics, than they are about Alabama.

Thats why we will have a 12 team playoff… Then a team like TCU will have every opportunity to prove how good they are on the field.

1 Like

I think Clemson and Bama/Nana are benefitting from recency bias.

They HAVE been good, and not very long ago, so obviously, they still are.

The Tide could very realistically have 3 losses (ags and whorns), and Clemson has had some rough games, including pulling their starter to get anything going and not fall. I expect both wind up with at least one more loss.

If TCU handles business, they should be okay, however, the expansion will put all of this crap to rest.

TCU has two ranked wins. Bama zero.

TCU has 6 wins over P5. Bama 5.

TCU has 4 wins over Massey top 50. Bama 3.

TCU has 6 wins over top 75. Bama 4.

So the reason Bama is ranked ahead of them is they lost to Tennessee and TCU trailed in games?

Hogwash. This is “supposedly” about metrics, not opinions.

4 Likes

I’ve watched some Clemson games this year and they just don’t strike me as a playoff team.

Am I the only person that didn’t know until today that Chet “The Jet” Gladchuk is on the CFP Selection Committee?

Translation. We want/get the teams we want.

1 Like

Not just TCU, but all non-blue blood schools too.

I’m ok with Frisco or Fenway or New Mexico, if only because I’m real sick of playing in Bowl games that kick off at 2PM on a work day.