Daily Cougar: Pezman on why Whiting is getting a new contract

2 Likes

So he’s saying that the losing has been his fault for failing to provide appropriate funding? And that the only reason the program is floundering is that we don’t have strong enough assistants?

:dotted_line_face:

3 Likes

I’m glad you summarized that. It keeps me from reading the article and breaking my furniture.

13 Likes

Sounds like gaslighting to me.

2 Likes

“I’d much rather invest in Todd than go invest in starting all over with a new program and new coaching staff, particularly as we’re making this transition,”

This is what infuriates me. What transition?!?!?

You’re going to play baseball games against other schools.!!!

For the love of Pete!!! Stop the bull%#.

Your coaches are either capable or not. Whitting can’t win the AAC.

Pez is a goober. He’s not up to this job. Have a nice weekend. Fu#%! Its only Monday.

13 Likes

Every time I read an article with Pez in it, I am reminded again how the leadership of this program lives on another planet. None of that makes sense. If you can coach, you can coach. If your assistant isn’t getting it done, then do it yourself. He had his chance when he hired Bunn and he failed miserably!

8 Likes

Yea. Its just gibberish cloaked in nonsense. He even admits he hasn’t been up to the job. Where in there was the apology to the season ticket holders that apparently thought they were going to watch a competitive team the last five years? Not that the rationale was valid. There’s just fail woven all through that. I always hear how bad our fans are. That’s crap! Our season ticket holders have been through more of this stuff than you can imagine. Yet they dutifully go out game after game and support the these people.
Renu should force Pez to meet with every baseball season ticket holder and personally apologize.

2 Likes

Total buffoonery!

3 Likes

Two to three years, guys. Waiting for astral meteor “Pollard-96574” to come flaming through the atmosphere and collide with this thread.
Lol

1 Like

So…Pez was told to extend CDH and Whiting…yelps

2 Likes

Do your job as poorly as possible and get a new contract. Brilliant!!

4 Likes

It’s pretty clear that Pez is taking the opportunity to put all expectations of winning on hold for the next 2-3 years in all sports. Transitioning to the Big 12 is the perfect excuse for Pez and his buddies to just “hang” and ya know “winning takes time and we need time to recruit and such”. The guy is not a visionary or motivational leader I’m sorry - don’t care if he’s a UH alumni or not.

5 Likes

Well, not having to worry about the baseball team in the postseason will free up some time to do other things.

4 Likes

So maybe Yezman is the problem. Dana’s seat is hot. Yezman’s just got a little warmer.

2 Likes

Women’s basketball also - if you ain’t competing in aac what magic pill will there be to compete in the Bug 12? :man_facepalming:

Now if your lowering ticket prices for those programs as a result - good but don’t charge premium prices for results we’ve seen before

7 Likes

How is it that we can see through this scam and no administrators at the university can?

I find it repulsive that an AD would consider “cruising” for 2-3 years under the guise of “transitioning” to the B12. The ONLY school I’ve heard talking this loser garbage. You wanna talk about falling behind. Pez is a case study on making your school an anchor in the conference.

This guy is riding Sampson for all he’s worth. And he hasn’t contributed squat.
“Yesman” indeed.

Company President: “your sales are down 500% over the last three years. Who are you cutting?”

Pez: “Sir, we’re about to enter the competitive Asian market. We need steady hands to shepherd us through that! Nobody, sir!”

2 Likes

It was a fun time doing it inning by inning here this last AAC season.
Had we known Whit was back, a lot less fun.

It’s a baseball disgrace. Already down 1000+ per game crowds from Julks days.
New user name in the fall.

3 Likes

And the part about giving him resources to go buy a better staff. Lolololol

1 Like

Lol - In terms of athletics department revenue, UH has at best ~30% of what the other 2 largest state universities (Ie: UT-Austin & ATM) have yet some like to complain when Pezman states the obvious.

1 Like

I haven’t seen anything like that since the Anita Bryant concert

2 Likes