Dana is NOT the man

@capitolCoog…the team doesn’t look prepared and they don’t look “crisp” and IMO, that’s coaching!!

GO COOGS!!

1 Like

Absolutely 1000% Correct ! Let’s roll !
Go Coogs !

1 Like

Giena, I didn’t know Derek got hurt, what and how bad is his injury?

1 Like

He had his highest tackle total so i think he’s good

1 Like

Bingo- “coach no defense” had the reputation already and Applewhite hired him anyway… go figure

The customers are not happy- in the entertainment industry you are in trouble.

“Do we really want to start from scratch with a new coach.” Yes and no, I understand CDH has an OC. What is this guy doing? DH hired the guy to be OC. If he’s good enough to hired maybe DH should let him do his job? If this guy isn’t cutting it, AMF.

1 Like

He hurt his hip in the Tech game and tweeked it again last night.

He actually told the trainer he wanted to go back in, that’s who took him into the tent. Moved his hip around and Derek said it was good enough for play. Derek is the type of kid who will play even if he’s hurt, he’s done it in HS. He has to be in severe pain and not be able to move to come out. Always makes us nervous.

4 Likes

Rub some dirt on it! That’s a problem on turf fields

1 Like

I remember when Woody Williams took a 90 mile an hour fastball off his shoulder at Austin. The Horn fans were yelling, “rub it Woody! It won’t make you a sissy! Over and over. When he got to first base it got louder. Then, with all the concentration of a chess player, he methodically stretched out his index finger, looked at it for a second, and gently rubbed it.

The whole stadium went crazy. He went in to pitch later and both Coog and Longhorn fans were chanting, “Woody…Woody”

The Wild Bunch … the first 200-250 people into Disch-Faulk were the wild bunch and they sat behind the visitors dugout. God help you if you had rabbit ears or screwed up. Kick the Horns butt and they clammed up tight. Nothing better than walking back to the dugout staring them in the eye and knowing that you knew, that they knew, that they knew you knew … you owned their A$$es.

1 Like

They were rough. It was my first game to another school in baseball. I was shocked at how visceral it was…and relentless.

There were comments about your ancestry and parentage that would be a fist fight in any other setting … and your parents were sitting 5 rows behind. Numerous fan altercations … suddenly security would show up and go Gestapo on the visitors. It could get really ugly … and all the while Gustafson sitting in his 3rd base coaching box watching it all. Made hanging a big L on him even sweeter.

1 Like

Well, I hope it heals up, we really need him out there. He’s having a good season and there a drop off when he’s sitting out a series.

Thank you !

I just call them like I see them.

When I saw the Title of this thread I thought “ Well, Dana is a girl’s name”.