Dana Might Go 6-2 Down the Stretch…

Of the OL. Robinson is the starting RT. Johnson and Jenkins play a lot of snaps. Both have started but I’m not sure how many games.

1 Like

ECU is underrated tough. They always have given UH a game no matter if they’re good or not.

1 Like

No when you beat a ranked team that counts as beating a ranked team. Games happen the time they happen, you can’t revise that

I know… I’m just saying State ain’t that good…

I haven’t researched it but seems like WAY less penalties which would correlate to more points scored, too…

A man has only so much time for these things…but yes the penalty situation is helping.

1 Like

Which, again, falls on coaching… :grin:

That’s being VERY kind

Fans should have to wait till the end of the year to storm the feild. All that that storming the field and no one told them their win vs a ranked team doesn’t count at the end of the year

Texas tech rushed the field after beating this Coog team. Lol.

5 Likes

Did they open their minds or was it forced on them by RB injuries? After the Navy game CDH said Sneed shouldn’t have 15 carries in a game much less the 20 he had then. Don’t think he’s had 15 in a game since. The only other consistent runner is Tune and he cant carry it 20 times. So the only choice is to throw it

I heard a pregame interview with Dana on the radio where he said we won a lot of close games last season by controlling the ball, keeping it close, and winning late and he thought we could do the same thing this season but it hadn’t worked out that way. For me, the keeping it close strategy is for the Rice U’s of the world and not UH but that’s just me.

The loss of McCaskill should have been enough to make the offense realize their best assets were the receivers. And the loss of two NFL type cover corners should have been enough to make the defense realize the strategy from last season might not work.

And I say this as someone who is not opposed to Dana as HC.

2 Likes

Mostly being a smartass here, but I am betting at least 50% of coaching hires end in firings. I got your point. Though, due to the contract Dana probably has at least 2 years.

Unless they can get something for cause he isn’t going anywhere until at least after next year.

Most disappointing season in a long time considering the expectations.

2 Likes

That’s my thoughts too, trying to replicate the 10-2 year was a huge mistake. Hindsight proves it. Its amazing how much the two squads have flipped this year. Now we are relying on the offense to stay in games, a complete flip from last year.

This says it all right here.

Absolutely no way to defend this record……especially as the highest paid coach in the conference……when you factor in time spent actually working.

1 Like

I had been wondering why we hadn’t seen Sneed in previous years. Dana doesn’t mention any specifics but apparently the guy has had to get over some off field issues. Can’t imagine where we’d turn this year without him. As weird as what coach said, in the end I agree, glad Sneed is here.

1 Like

He’s mentioned that the off-field issues were academic ineligibility a couple of times in different interviews recently.

So it seems that Sneed just wasn’t doing good enough in class to be able to suit up and play.

1 Like

I missed that. The way Dana put it, I thought it was something else. He is so strange with how he words things, he says he is glad he kept him. Should have just said he was glad Sneed worked things out

4 Likes

Lmao yes! Thought I was the only one that noticed that.

I often have to replay portions of his interviews to make sure I’m not misunderstanding.

That moment you caught where he says he was glad he kept Sneed made me think “kept him from transferring? Kept him from dropping the team? Kept him on the roster despite him not being academically eligible to play?” or “kept him because you initially thought he was also too skinny to get serious minutes at RB?” :thinking:

1 Like