Dana Might Go 6-2 Down the Stretch…

Uh…that is abominable. That would even get you canned at a last place Big Ten program.

1 Like

I think the last part is correct. The staff recruits the players and in some areas have done well like WRs. Just really hard to sell this program with 5000 people in the stands. I think the team will look very different next year.

2 Likes

I hope you are right.

Yes, but what’s more abominable is that we extended him, and gave him a GFY buyout based on that record.

5 Likes

The fact of the matter is that this is a hard place to recruit to. There aren’t that many stud QB’s salivating at the opportunity to play in front of 20,000 fans in a 40,000 seat stadium. And if they see how so many of our “fans” lambast our current QB who is playing great, that will really make them want to play here.

You learn that being a Coog for a few decades.

When we do not have great years we still find joy in each player’s successes and love watching only with the hopes of a few great plays, win or lose… because we’re Coogs!

The good years come and go for many teams. Some never see the successes we have seen, but even fewer have not seen poor times, maybe none of them.

3 Likes

Sampson found a way when we had like 50 people going to games. Lol

5 Likes

I’ve been following recruiting for almost 25 years and up until this season I’ve literally never seen anyone blame fans for a coach’s poor recruiting. For goodness sake our currently highest rated football recruit committed a couple of weeks after the sparsely attended Rice game.

2 Likes

:open_mouth: holy sh*t

1 Like

Yes, but he had to start winning. His connections with the pros helped his recruiting, plus his and his son’s ability to spot talent and potential in bringing in guys like Rob Gray that got it started. Besides comparing basketball to football is apples and oranges. Even so, Kelvin had to have a few really good years to get the stands fairly full. I remember him pleading with fans to come watch their games. And at the games this year, coming off final 4 and elite 8 years, there’s a lot of empty seats at the Fertitta Center.

But, in no way would I ever compare CDH to CKS as coaches. CDH is nowhere near the FB coach that CKS is as a BB coach.

2 Likes

Don’t forget Pollard

1 Like

SMU who was 4-4 in conference? It’s not a ranked win if they didn’t finish ranked. That’s like giving Applewhite a ranked win for beating 7-6 USF, or Tech a ranked win for beating us this year.

No wonder he is a guy that wants to be here long term. Nearly 3 million per quality win.

2 Likes

I agree that any win is a good win but this reminds me of Briles struggling to get his teams ranked. Briles worked mightily to revive the program and I will always appreciate that. But he couldn’t beat anyone worth a ### either. Some people can do that here (Sumlin/Herman) and some can’t (Briles, Levine, Apple Fritter, Dana). Every one of them had a quality QB ranked high in the conference. You have to have a staff to beat good teams. Sumlin and Herman brought in quality staff. The others not so much.

2 Likes

Prepare for the NFL draft? Are you kidding? After 4 years on the job with CDH’s staff, Parrish is the ONLY player on this team worth a draft choice. QB will go as an undrafted free agent, but he will make an NFL roster.

At the time of that game it was a ranked team.

He has never beaten a team that ended the season ranked or a p5 team that ended the season with a .500 or better record.

He is not good.

6 Likes

The same NC State that should’ve lost to ECU if not for a missed chip-shot FG… That NC State…?

1 Like

THIS is the sore “thumb” for me. We have no excuses. WE are in charge of our own roster not anyone else.
We all thought that the portal would make a big difference for us. Has it?
Kansas benefited. Hopefully we will too in the next few months.

I looked up some numbers that I thought would be interesting:

After the 3rd Qtr of Memphis game: Averaging 12 pts per quarter (6/qtr before that)
Since the Memphis game: Averaging 25 pts in the 1st half (8 before that game)

1st Half totals through Memphis game: 7, 3, 14, 10, 7, 7
1st Half totals after Memphis game: 21, 28, 35, 14

2nd Half totals through Memphis game: 17, 17, 16, 24, 14, 26
2nd Half totals after Memphis game: 17, 14, 28, 29

It’s a shame that the Memphis 4th quarter finally opened their minds to ditching the 2021 ball-control running game and letting Tune and the offense air it out.

Correct me if I am wrong but UH has not played any defensive juggernauts this season so I don’t think that is the reason for the upswing in offensive production over the last 4 games.

I still think the Tulane and Texas Tech games would be Ws had the offensive strategy from the last 4 games would have been used in the first 6. I don’t like the Coogs chances at ECU – the D can take away the run for the most part but will give up a lot through the air unless they have found an answer in Game 11 of the season.

On the roster from the portal:
Campbell (USC)
Henry (Texas Tech)
Manjack (USC)
Brown (West Va)
Carter (Texas Tech)
Baxa (Miami FL)
Bankston (Iowa St)
Hogan (Texas Tech)
Hypolite (Colorado) *hope his injury is not too bad

??? (I will admit not knowing how many of these OLs have contributed)
Jenkins #72 (Texas A&M)
Garth #71 (Texas)
Johnson #50 (Texas)
Robinson #54 (Middle Tenn St)

1 Like