Dana says its impossible to pay his buyout

He better produce some results with all that huffing and puffing.

10 Likes

This is not Texas A&M firing Kevin Sumlin and having to pay his full lumpsum buyout within 60 days. UH Athletics contracts specify that buyouts are paid monthly, in the same manner that the employee’s contract was paid. It’s one of the smartest things UH does, frankly. They do not saddle themselves with impossible f-ing buyouts.

If he were terminated immediately after the 2023 season, Dana’s average payment would be about $303,000 per month. Tough to swallow but hardly f-ing impossible.

WHY WASNT THIS DISCUSSED. THATS A BIG DEAL

7 Likes

Because Fertitta wanted his buddy paid and our AD says yes to everything Fertitta wants.

4 Likes

Duhh. Or Fertitta would have just found another AD. Lol

1 Like

That was a great read.

And the crap he said tells me that he has not learned anything.

His attitude is basically they can’t fire me……why on earth would anyone actually say that?

It makes you look like a douche with no motivation to work any harder.

I hope everyone reads this article for multiple reasons.

13 Likes

Tilman could cover any buyout check should it become necessary. Here’s hoping it doesn’t.

I don’t really care what he says about his job security. Just put a good team on the field in the fall or move along.

11 Likes

Dana’s lashing out and it’s directed at Renu.

Pezman gave him that impossible contract. Renu signed the contract. Not sure why she signed it. every time Dana opens his mouth is to denigrate the university (Renu) . She is the face of the university.

4 Likes

I don’t see him directing anything at Renu at all, am I missing something? How does he denigrate the university by being inappropriate? That part is true.
He is probably tired of the comments from talking heads.

I agree, if the product is decent this season, the nonsense will stop.

1 Like

I hope he gets canned after this season coming up!!!

UH has so much potential recruiting wise & winning now that they’re in the Big 12.

5 Likes

I think we can all agree the Coogs have been underwhelming under CDH tenure.

If asked the question by a reporter, just say the coaches need to all do better as a staff, I need to do better….The players, families, fans deserve a great program and we are going to do our best to get there….the end.

Not they can’t effin fire me.

2 Likes

I’d want to hear the actual exchange before deciding how much to care about it. You’re just not going to get “PC” answers from Dana most of the time, which has always been the case with him.

I didn’t get that at all.

However, his brashness better be backed up with some wins. He’s a little too sure of himself.

3 Likes

His stupid comments made the Chronicle, Hope Khator sees it lol, she ain’t gonna put with to much more of this nonsense

5 Likes

As far as Dana is concerned, she’ll put up with it and thank him for the chance to overpay him.

3 Likes

The minute that jabroni is canned the program will take a step forward

10 Likes

Needs to find his wallet and the Mack back

Comes off as very arrogant

1 Like

CDH is a football coach, not a public relations executive. And yes, public relations is within his job description, but he is a coach with no filter.

I must say it is comments like this that do not endear him with the fans.

1 Like

You keep on using this word “jabroni” and… it’s awesome.

2 Likes