Dana says the ship has sailed on 2024 HS recruiting

Pretty good explanation & summary. It’s pretty much musical chairs with this roster every year, no continuity, no identity & no talent upgrades on the horizon. If this administration is serious they show him the door end of the year because whoever inherits this by 2025 if you keep him is gonna have a tough job rebuilding.

3 Likes

Doing more harm than good keeping him here any longer at this point

6 Likes

its getting more and more puzzling to me how this man has a job.

At what point do we turn on our administration for allowing this to continue?

Our football program is a runaway train that is at the end of the line…

6 Likes

Saw this. We have,what, 7 commitments?

This is a disaster. I already posted a thread showing that the marginal cost to fire him is zero.

We have lots of Head Coaches that could recruit. Including when we were in a Power conference, The SWC,

We beat Power schools when we were in CUSA and in The AAC. We recruited enough talent to beat Power programs.

Just a total disaster.

We brought in 6 transfers in 2020, 9 transfers in 2021, 12 in 2022, and 20 transfers this year. See a trend? I’d guess we bring in something like 13-17 transfers for the 2024 season and CDH will go all in on getting to 6 or mayyyybbeee 7 wins in an effort to save his job into 2025. We will have no young bucks in the program for the next coach to develop once CDH inevitably gets fired. Gonna take a couple years to right this ship regardless of who the HC is. We can thank CDH and the Pez man for this.

Would you let your kid play for Dana? Serious question lol

3 Likes
3 Likes

No. But don’t let any of the polys left here see this post or I might personally be held responsible for why we can’t get recruits in.

1 Like

I’m don’t follow too close but when was last time a HS coach or player tweeted/posted about a UH visit. I think Belk and Dana at Shadow Creek was the only HS recruiting I’ve seen.

1 Like

Y’all feel me now?

1 Like

This Youtube coach is awesome. He’s better at being Dana than Dana is

2 Likes

its 100% clear why he doesnt “recruit well”. every interview I’ve seen him do he seems hungover and just annoyed that he has to be there.

if I had kids, I’d encourage them go with any other options they had available.

3 Likes

He’s trying to get fired. That’s my best guess. He didn’t want to be coaching in the Big 12. He thought he’d have a relatively easy job winning 9-10 games a year against the tiny private schools and Navy in our division and crossovers like USF and Temple. And a weakened OOC.

See the 12-2 year and his weird obsession with a Vulcan trophy from a meaningless bowl.

15 Likes

What a horrible look. Phack I want to not renew my tickets and head into protest mode.

1 Like

Absolutely

5 Likes

Oh Lordy.

1 Like

"Dana Holgorsen says the “ship has sailed” = Dana was out on a party cruise during peak recruiting time.

There is a parody / insult the intelligence aspect to his ravings these days that is hilarious…in a sad kind of way.

Every statement seems geared toward getting paid to go away.

Same for me if The Grinch is back.
Giving the $ to the football facility and letting Pez/Renu know why.
Football still benefits .

2 Likes

A coach who has quit on recruiting has no business having a job

2 Likes

Read the text in bold. Dude needs to be let go today.

https://x.com/gocoogs85/status/1719762606175502660?s=46&t=QaTBQ_PFQ7gLVOFwqBKG5Q

12 Likes

Honestly this is as troubling as any of the losses we’ve had this year.

11 Likes