Davis coming here

We really don’t need Davis here any way he would just mess up our chemistry we are going to go farther than Memphis any way we just need to get a big who can score and rebound

we will be all right

2 Likes

Absolutely no one thought we needed Davis

3 Likes

Why did we need a new thread?

4 Likes

^^This^^

3 Likes

Why do we need to talk about Barry Bonds in a UH Basketball thread?

4 Likes

For the record Hill….I only talked about Babe Ruth….that is allowed under the bylaw 7.14ss

3 Likes

Barry Bonds does not deserve to be a hall of famer. Way too much PED. If he goes in Mark McGwire needs to be in.

2 Likes

You’re still talking about him. Must be famous. Let him in.

I never thought he was coming to UH. He wants PT(playing time). He wasn’t going to get it here.

1 Like

Well if they’re in then Clemens is in.

2 Likes

It’s really strange that Davis goes from one AAC team to another one. I guess he thinks Memphis with him, will finally win conference over us.

Personally, I think he was seeking attention and getting more hype surrounding his name. It’s a very good marketing strategy to elevate his draft stock.

And yes we all know he’s a good player.

Money grab!

Edit: gotta feed the kids. Wish him well, just play poorly against the Coogs. :smiley::smile:

1 Like

Why no Ricky Henderson talk…found out today he hit 80+ Leadoff Homeruns. That is sick!

3 Likes

I do find it interesting he picks a school that could be facing sanctions next season. Just another indicator that he wants to be the guy. Can’t fault him for that.

4 Likes

Apparently a whole bunch of schools passed on him

It’s probably that. SMU literally finished ahead of Memphis in the standings last year lol

Davis took the money. Many of us would have done the same. He may be making more this year that he will any year as a professional ball player. He’s probably not destined for the NBA at 5’11", but abroad he will probably make a nice living.

Am I disappointed? Sure. I wish him no ill will. But to say he took Memphis over Duke and Kansas is laughable. I expect Duke and Kansas to still be playing once the Memphis season is over next year.

To me the biggest irony is SMU getting outbid by Memphis.

3 Likes

Davis must not like his hometown, family or winning! :wink:

2 Likes

It wasn’t up to him!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t like my hometown or family that much either if I could get $1M for 1 year.

2 Likes