Davis coming here

Can u give Readers Digest version pls. Way to long to read.

Edit: and another post you said several on here wanted Deeky to transfer his SR year. I don’t recall any of that. I know your memory is pretty good on what was said previous by Coaches, posters, etc. So can u list some names of posters who wanted him to transfer. Legitimate question bc i certainly don’t recall that. Thks

its like 5 sentences… its not even that long

4 Likes

:rofl::laughing::grin:

Way tooooo many commas then. But good one though

1 Like

See my Edit post above pls

He was turning into a great PG and projection is he may be one of the best. Despite having to play so many minutes with what this culture expects he still took over games down the stretch. No reason to think he will not better after.his experiences from last season.
I want to see he Sasser and Mark start and I want to see what Sharp, Walker and Arceneaux bring to our program next season.

3 Likes

there was a few of that, i don’t want to call anyone out, especially cause a lot of them gave him credit as a senior
but there was a strong narrative by a few posters that it would be better for the team if he transferred out after his junior year, so mills could start…
often portrayed him as this uncontrollable erratic reckless players and would bring up the uconn/hurley situation, or the bite situation… some would over emphisize his turnovers (which wasnt as bad they made it seem)… i called myself the dejon and gorham attorney that offseason because i keep defending them

1 Like

I know during the year, yes he caught some flak . Just don’t recall anyone sayjng he should transfer. Matter of fact seems most got nervous when he briefly tested the NBA waters btw JR & SR year. Oh well no biggie, just have ZERO recollection of some wanting him gone that off-season.

Edit: plus we really had no other experienced PG. Unless Sasser would have had to do it 90% of time. Anyway Old News. Def off-season :unamused:

1 Like

I think most folks were upset when his silly antics cost a game at Cincy (bite) and when he lost his composure in a narrow win over UConn at Fertitta.
I think Sampson was highly upset also but with some tough love got him through the season.
Never heard any complaints about Deeky his last year as he was really good and clutch.
However there could have been some bad things after the Cincy debacle

2 Likes

ps im not syaing everyone, dejon had his supporters, same with gorham…im saying that a number of posters, not all… there was even a thread that said “it might be better for the team for him not to come back”

edit: i just searched up the old thread, another accompanying reason was becuase we were out of ships before hinton decided to stay in the darft…and a few posters really wanted a legit big and the player they were most willing to give up was dejon
but yeah there were a few that really really didnt like his game and thought he was turnover machine and wanted a “traditional pg” like galen…and id always say there is more than 1 way to win

2nd edit: i keep saying they wanted dejon to “transfer”… they wanted him to turn “pro” and leave is what it actually was

2 Likes

I remember people complaining about Devin Davis and about Chris Harris, and about Gorham and about Jerreau and about GRob.

There is a such thing as development and comfort in the system and with the culture
For all we know R.Walker maybe a great 3D player next season and Javier may have huge season as a rim- protector. Maybe Roberts turns into a beast inside and expands his game.

3 Likes

Devin Davis was a baller.

Yeah, . . . well I think I’ll go to Star Pizza tonight.