Deeky

I think Sampson wanted to believe Deeky until he saw otherwise. Last night Deeky could have told Sampson the truth so he wouldn’t lie about a bite that we now all know happened.

2 Likes

Ok, this makes more sense. Bite confirmed, punishment from coach handed down and now let’s hope this is it and we move on. Opposing students should have a field day with it (based on what I hear from the Cougar Brass directed at the opposing team’s bench) but maybe we can move on.

1 Like

Isn’t this what he said after the UConn game?
https://twitter.com/uhcougarmbk/status/1224078788855656449?s=21

That pretty well clears the air…Jarreau made yet another bad decision and certainly owed everyone involved an apology.
Like the Astros, we are going to have a lot of fun on the road lol…

It is no excuse but I did see this:

Sampson was pretty heavy on Dejon to the point in huddles you saw teammates patting Jarreau on the back in support while Kelvin was fussing. Deeky had just done another of his turnovers and was desperate to get the ball back and was extremely frustrated.

Again,no excuse for the act. Learn, move on and be a better person for it.

3 Likes

Would it be in poor taste to wear a t-shirt with bite marks on it to the next home game versus Cincy?

1 Like

They can do a fixo-dent promotion.

1 Like

Not sure I am ready for that. It might be a spit in the face of sportsmanship. Wait until after Deeky shows he can come back from it and cooler heads and actions prevail. …in time though, heh

Yes. Trolling your own team at a game over something they are probably very embarrassed about and would like to move on from would be poor taste. Seriously, why do you want to do that? If his teammates bust his chops later it’s different.

If this happened here and we had a return trip to Cincy I’d definitely expect their student section to really play this up though.

1 Like

I was in San Antonio with my bride celebrating our anniversary (which is technically on 2/6, but I traded a weekend in SA for the home game against Tulane) and missed the whole thing. Jarreau has had a bunch of problems in his stay, that have cost us points and arguably more. He has been disciplined and suspended. I don’t know how many chances CKS will give him, but if he keeps this up, we may not have to wonder about whether he goes pro or not, CKS may decide its time for him to move on, regardless of what he wants. But, let’s hope it has finally dawned on him that this is a college team, not the mean streets of New Orleans, and he has to comport himself accordingly.

Meanwhile, the rest of the team needs to step it up and play to their abilities.

8 Likes

heh, we can do lots of things but better be willin’ to handle the consequences!

This isn’t his first suspension

1 Like

I want some one to clip art a picture of Deeky with Animal Lecter.

Why? :thinking:

1 Like

Situation is not funny to KS or DJ not sure why we are trying to make it worse or make fun of situation. Just me I guess.

Trying to make light of what is a difficult situation. Sometimes trying to find humor in our lives in hard situations is a good thing. Please dont question by integrity. There have been other couple of jokes on here trying to make light of the situation. Go tell them all the same thing if you want to be harbinger of humor on the board.

Again it’s just me. I don’t see where there is anything to be made fun of. Esp when it involves a S/A from the Univ you graduated from. I’m sure your integrity is tremendous.

My comment speaks on it’s own, I don’t like the humor being put into the situation. I think that’s plain/simple enough.

1 Like

I guess what annoys me as much as anything, based on CKS’s original statements, it appears that he was lied to by Deeky about the incident. I can’t imagine Coach giving his original support without assurances from Deeky that he did not bite him. Really put Coach in a bad position.

2 Likes

Unfortunately this will stick with Deeky.

He apologized, hope he learned his lesson. Thst said he can try to ignore it, hint…its not going away, or embrace it and own it…yes, having some fun with it in time.