Depth chart for receivers

What does our depth chart for receivers currently look like?

Crap

2 Likes

Probably Carter, Dell, and Erwin 1st team. Smith, McGowan, maybe Street 2nd team.

About as deep as the kiddy side of the pool

Don’t forget Trahan. I am expecting the tight end to be utilized more this year in the passing game. Trajan should have gotten more touches last year imo.

3 Likes

For now

2 Likes

What about Singleton?

Gone

Yes. I should start reading threads from the bottom. Or figure out how sort with oldest at the top.

1 Like

With no significant wide receiver threat, expect defenses to blitz Tune without reservation. Trajan will spent a majority of his time blocking.

5 Likes

CDH: WR depth is a problem

Contributing WR’s: Peace Out, hombres!

This isn’t great news now if we’re going to be landing a few big fish in the transfer portal then we will be fine and it should work out. But right now this is troubling.

3 Likes

You thought Singleton was a significant threat? Serious question.

2 Likes

If the WRs can catch the ball when the ball is catchable, they will be a threat. Don’t have to run 4.3 to be a threat.

3 Likes

Singleton caught 55 passes last year, he dropped a whole lot as well. That was the big problem with our WRs, they sometimes looked like they were playing volleyball instead of football.

2 Likes

55 over three seasons, not one

3 Likes

Well, I must have misread another post. In that case we won’t miss him at all.

Right now if wideout is a problem and according to CDH it is, then any departure is damaging without a replacement which we don’t have currently. Now we replace them with quality transfers, cool it all works out. We replace them with under-talented Johnny Doyourbests that’s a problem.

Losing fringe players is not great, but acceptable. Losing key contributors is concerning. We have lost key contributors the last couple of years in the hope that unknown commodities turn out. It is a gamble that up to this point hasn’t paid off.

2 Likes

55 catches over the last 3 years was going to be tied for second (with Bryson) among our returning receivers. Only Carter had more.

Granted Dell was our top returning receiver and was only here last year. But Singleton was still one of our more productive returning receivers. I’m not sure what happened last year that causes his stats to take a step back but could be a number of things that weren’t his fault. He started nearly every game in 2019.

1 Like

55 catches and numerous drops in 3 years is a Johnny Doyourbest.

2 Likes