Depth chart for receivers

Honestly it might also be his expectations are higher than us fans. Some of what has been said could be coach speak. They might actually do enough to make the offense good. However, any coach that is satisfied with good, won’t be coaching a team that’s holding any hardware at the end of the season. Maybe he’s trying to motivate them further. Who knows?

1 Like

I guess but he literally said “those guys are not developing like we want them too” in an interview, so maybe it’s the lack of talent in the 2020 class or maybe we need a new WR coach. Just don’t understand how we can’t get redshirt freshman to at least be solid backups. When you got teams like smu having freshman RBs lead the conference in yards. Maybe our developing isn’t good enough to be a top team. We will see this year, I mean a lot of these dudes are Dana’s guys. I really hope it’s not true what people having been saying how he kinda ignores the lesser talented players

I’d like to see us pick up another transfer. If we do I think we’ll be good with the new transfer, Carter, Dell, Erwin, and Smith with Street, McGowan, Sawyer, Morgan, Robinson, and maybe Guidry in reserve. Same with the offensive line. We could use a guard and tackle. The offense should be pretty good even if we don’t get another WR or OL, but I think it could be really good if we do.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/markbermanfox26/status/1390850516985462785?s=21

Well add Singleton back lol

1 Like

I wonder the back and forth here. This always seems like everyone decided to stay married, after everyone tried to date again and striking out.

2 Likes

Fantastic news.

1 Like

Yeah the crazy part about it is that he would start here. And he should be pretty comfortable with the QB. Why transfer? Most people transfer for opportunity they aren’t getting a chance. Singleton doesn’t have to worry about that. The other reason would be they outgrew there team and want to play at a higher level, we know that’s not true for him either(no shade). So maybe he wanted to go home?(idk where he’s from). He probably realized there aren’t many teams he can go to where he is going to start and play a lot of snaps. Plus he would have to learn a whole new system and QB.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the thing, that’s why I think this is both parties decided to get back together. Singleton tested the waters find out he didn’t have great prospects, CDH and co. probably sniffed around some of the obvious physical upgrades and whiffed on them as well. So we all come back together and pretend that it never happened.

My opinion only but maybe after spring practice the staff and players had their one on one talks. Maybe Jeremy wasn’t feeling the love from the staff after the addition of 2 WR’s from transfer and the versatile young man from Minnesota also. He possibly could have felt disrespected and made a snap decision to leave. He then probably came to the realization that depth and competition is good for the overall health of the team and he became more determined to come back and work harder for his spot in the rotation . I have know idea, I’m just here in Waco waiting on my plate of huevos a la Mexicana sipping an iced tea .

5 Likes

Good guess

Stay if you are staying, leave if you are leaving but make some plays and play hard while you are here.!

2 Likes

He’s backkkkkkk! Also I never get tired of looking at these black uni’s :fire::fire:

1 Like