Depth chart for receivers

Agree! I prefer the Navy, but my husband’s Army career was just as successful. The military really was his calling in life, he was brilliant in military aviation.

3 Likes

Ya bunch of swabbies :grinning: :grinning: Thank y’all for your service …Go Army !Beat Navy !

1 Like

all branches are equally worthy of our appreciation and all are brothers in arms. We do have our friendly rivalries. But Go Navy, beat Army.

7 Likes

IIRC, at the U.S. Naval Academy the Marines are referred to as the men’s department of the Navy.

On the bus ride back to the remote parking lot following one of the UH/Navy games, the middy in front of me said, during our conversation that the “Marines are the men’s department of the Navy” . . . . . WoodMarkCos was on the bus with us . . . . . All this needling being done, During WWII, the Navy did more, with less, than any other branch of the service . . . . . IMHO . . . . .

2 Likes

I was stationed in Sigonella for 2 years… I worked at AIMD… And auxiliary security. What a great duty station!

2 Likes

Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Expected!

1 Like

We got 3 WRs in 2020 class. Not one of them is developing into anything? What about street, like all these guys aren’t developing into quality players? It’s not like we need them to carry but they aren’t good depth? These are Dana’s guys

You can’t be considered deep at a particular position unless everyone at said position knows the system. Freshmen aren’t typically expected to contribute in normal roster situations…they have very little knowledge of how to execute their responsibilities consistently.

Bodies has little to do with depth. When the 2s and 3s come in and there isn’t much drop off in production, then you’re definitely deep. Look at Cincy. Not even the most athletic program in our conference but they all know their stuff.

1 Like

I wish Holgorsen offered that kid who ended up going to Army a scholarship instead of simply offered him a preferred walk-on status. I like him a lot. He has size and his speed isn’t bad either. After all, he ran track in high school. I think Holgorsen made a mistake on that one, especially when receiver is a position of need.

The Navy and Air Force are useful insofar as they give the Army and Marines a ride to the battlefield.

:wink:

1 Like

Okay, so after all this who will be our top 5-6 WR? Is DH banking on bringing a couple more in and them syncing with Tune and being high level contributors in a matter of months after spring practice is over? Are we going to use TEs heavily in the passing game? What about RBs? Which RBs fit best in the passing game? Multiple RB sets? Can any of the RBs split out? Are we just going to be predictable again and run on first down like 75% of the time? So many questions.

Carter, Dell, Erwin, Smith. After that, who knows. Can be any 2 out of Street, McGowan, Guidry, Sawyer, Robinson, Wafer, etc.

A ton of unknowns after the first 4.

1 Like

You made a good selection after the first 4 and i agree…Street and MacGowan have been mentioned by CDH and Guidry is a very promising freshman…Looks like a good group to me and we have several good TEs also…We will be fine at receiver this year, i think…

I think we are also seeing the impact of Applewhites recruiting at wide receiver as well. We should see those guys contributing this year and you haven’t seen much from his recruits.

It was a great duty station.We enjoyed it. We were there from 88-91. The last year there he was deployed a lot due to Desert Storm and issues in Liberia. He was with HC-4.

2 Likes

Yep !
Go NAVY!
Go Coogs !

3 Likes

But they aren’t freshman anymore. That’s my point. Not one of them have developed until at least a solid backup. That might be a reflection on coaching.

We have got to be bringing in more WRs. If Dell or Carter goes down, it’s looking really bad. Stevenson leaves to draft. Corbin, Singleton, Bradly transfer out. We need to bring in at least 1 more WR

It also might be a reflection on previous recruiting and their lack of individual talent.

3 Likes