Derek Parish

Truly wish you and yours the very best life ! I am sure that this has been said before, but as parents y’all have raised two outstanding young men, no small feat in a world lacking great stories…
God Speed and The Wind At Your Backs !!!
Go Coogs !:paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

PS: I was fortunate to have met and spoken with at length Clayton’s parents at our hotel in Annapolis. Parents of student athletes deserve medals…

8 Likes

Thank you, Derek.

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words😊

2 Likes

And he’s going to play on Sundays. How cool is that?

2 Likes

Derek was brought up the right way, has a good head on his shoulders, and God given ability. He will be successful in whatever he puts his mind to.

7 Likes

Twin Mom must be doing something right, one in 82nd Airborne and one soon to be NFL.

9 Likes

All of us wish the very best for Derek!

1 Like

Thank you all so much, it’s very much appreciated!!!

4 Likes

Thank YOU! :blush:

1 Like

Derick has been one of my favorites since he arrived. I was very impressed by his HUDL film when he committed and thought he would be special. He was.

1 Like

A great player, hoping he makes his mark in the NFL.

1 Like

Twinmom.
Please come back and keep posting on the board.
I would miss your comments,
Good luck and happiness in your families next phase of life.

6 Likes

Good luck to your other son at Ft. Benning.

Did my Basic Training there, way back in 1967.

Great place. Home of The Infantry. Whatever is his training there it will be excellent!

4 Likes

Thank you! He completed basic at Benning. Really nice base with an amazing museum. Enjoyed our visit there.

1 Like

When I was there John Wayne and his Production Company showed up to film “The Green Berets”.

We never saw them but heard they were given the Star treatment and that The Army loaned them lots of equipment and technical advisors.

The movie put both The Green Berets and our Vietnam War effort in a very positive light. Exactly what The Pentagon wanted.

I returned to the UH Campus at the end of August to see our campus a pretty good hub of Anti-War protests. And The Beatles album “Sargeant Pepper” had been released.

An amazing time to be alive and to attend UH. By mid-September our Football team had beaten Michigan St. and became ranked either #2 or #3 in The National Polls. 4 months later we defeated UCLA Basketball in The Astrodome and became #1 in The Nation.

Go Derek and Go Cougars!

9 Likes

There is only one thing to say:

…well another…
Go get some of these no good QB’s, lol.

2 Likes

Awesome!

As Buddy Ryan once said, “QBs are overpaid, overrated, pompous bastards and must be punished.” I’m sure Derek will do his part to make that happen.

6 Likes

Twinmom: I had dinner with my ex-law partner who now lives in SC. His son is in the 82nd air borne and his name is Conner Clore. Wondered if Derek’s brother knows him. He had a twisted road to follow to get where he is and I told his dad how proud I am of his son and all the others who are committed to defending our magnificent country.

4 Likes

@Twinmom

1 Like